Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Grants available?
CatnTwins 11:43 AM 03-14-2012
Hello everyone! I have recently been researching on how to open a daycare center. I came across a website that said you may apply for a grants to start your daycare. Does anyone know more details on grants available? I live in NYC.

Also the daycare kit advertised on this site says for home based centers. Would it still be helpful if i am looking into opening a daycare out of home?

Thanks in advance. :
Blackcat31 11:50 AM 03-14-2012
Welcome to the forum!

I can't answer your question about grants as I know nothing about that for your area. We do have a few members from NY on the board and they will probably have the answer for you.

Here are a few other threads about grants that you might want to check out. https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=grants
Michael 12:02 PM 03-14-2012
Welcom to the forum. I've upgraded your status.

The daycare kit is helpful for both family and center based daycare.
CatnTwins 12:09 PM 03-14-2012
Thank you

any advice on the grants? Also part of me feels like im in over my heads lol CAN i even open a daycare? I have an associates degree in liberal arts but took about 3 education courses. I am a mother of 3 and currently a supervisor at a bank (BORING) lol
Blackcat31 12:16 PM 03-14-2012
Originally Posted by CatnTwins:
Thank you

any advice on the grants? Also part of me feels like im in over my heads lol CAN i even open a daycare? I have an associates degree in liberal arts but took about 3 education courses. I am a mother of 3 and currently a supervisor at a bank (BORING) lol
LOL!! Trust me, I have been in this business for many many years and I still feel like I am in over my head!

Every year I get a situation that let's me know I have still not seen it all.

I think you can have a PH.D in early childhood and still have days where you wonder what were you thinking!

It IS a fun ride though...just make sure you have a great backbone and a wonderful sense of humor. Everything else, you will learn as you go.
Tags:grants
Reply Up