Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>California Unemployment Benefits
dan18ny 02:58 PM 03-30-2020
Hello,

Has anyone filed for unemployment benefits who lives in California? Based on Gavin Newsom's regulation, Day cares can remain open only if you are taking care of essential worker's kids. It seems now with the care's act that self employed individuals can like us can collect unemployment.
dan18ny 03:05 PM 03-30-2020
This is what I found:

On March 22, 2020, Governor Newsom issued a public health order affecting all California businesses and residences – including family child care homes. The order says that only essential infrastructure businesses may stay open.

As a child care provider, you can only stay open to care for children of essential workers, and must use heightened cleaning and distancing rules in place for COVID-19. This means that there is now a statewide order to close all child care centers and family child care homes unless they are caring for a child of a parent or guardian working in one of the 16 essential sectors.

https://www.childcarelaw.org/2020/03...in-california/
megoddess444 02:08 PM 04-03-2020
I look daily and it still says fed funds for self employed are not available yet. California. It’s very frustrating. I lost all my families and have no income.
TomCopeland 08:35 AM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by megoddess444:
I look daily and it still says fed funds for self employed are not available yet. California. It’s very frustrating. I lost all my families and have no income.
Yes, it is more than frustrating! I'll be writing about the Paycheck Protection Program on my website this coming week, which offers forgiveable loans.
MsCare 11:52 AM 04-07-2020
My facility remains open but I am experiencing a last minute childcare cancellation booking for those children whose parents are essential workers and ended up with ZERO child under my care since March 20 til now. Do I need to close the facility to be eligible for the DUA?
Daycarefamily 05:39 PM 04-12-2020
Check this out:

https://www.uc.pa.gov/COVID-19/CARES.../PUA-FAQs.aspx

If this is done universally they you should be good retro to January!!
Tags:california, covid-19
Reply Up