Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cheque Addressed to Daycare Name?
meli829 12:42 PM 09-17-2010
Dcd brought a cheque, and I didn't look at it until he left, and noticed it is written to the name of my daycare and not to me. I'm guessing I can't cash it? I didn't think I had to specify in my contract to address cheques to me, but I am going to add that in now.
TGT09 12:44 PM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by meli829:
Dcd brought a cheque, and I didn't look at it until he left, and noticed it is written to the name of my daycare and not to me. I'm guessing I can't cash it? I didn't think I had to specify in my contract to address cheques to me, but I am going to add that in now.
Not in the U.S. (I see your in Canada so I'm not positive) unless you have a business checking account which I'm assuming you don't. I would just call dad and let him know that you need him to re-write one.
Crystal 12:45 PM 09-17-2010
Well, I just sign them and deposit them into my account, but that's okay for my bank. I'd ask him to write a new check, just in case.
AmandasFCC 01:17 PM 09-17-2010
Pretty sure unless your account has your business name attached to it (even see about adding your Daycare name as an alias to your account?) you can't cash it. I would just ask him to rewrite it.
Michael 02:24 PM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by Crystal:
Well, I just sign them and deposit them into my account, but that's okay for my bank. I'd ask him to write a new check, just in case.
I do the same thing. Never been a problem unless you are using a small local bank. Use the ATM to deposit.
Childminder 03:23 PM 09-17-2010
Yeah, I tried cashing a check written to my daycare but because the name isn't on my account I could not and had to have it rewritten to me personally. The banks in my area require a business account and most of them require a minimum balance of $2500 at all times or you get charged fees or they charge for checking and personal accounts they do not. Just opening up I didn't have that much $$$ to start an account so still just have the parents write it to me. Oh, and I had the same bank for over 30 years so its not like they didn't know me.
Tags:check, deposits
Reply Up