Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is This Note Short And Sweet And To The Point Enough?
sahm2three 06:54 PM 11-02-2011
Dear daycare families,

We are going to have to start strictly enforcing our late fee policy. Daycare fees are due on the first day of care for the week. If you don't bring payment that day, it is $5 per day there after. If you become a week behind, your child will not be permitted to re-enter daycare the following week until you are completely caught up (including all late fees). Thank you for understanding and complying.

Miss X
sahm2three 07:10 PM 11-02-2011
Or this one:

Dear daycare families,

Per our original agreement, a late fee in the amount of $5 per day will be charged to all accounts that do not pay on the first day of care for the week. This is a reminder that if you are more than one week late with your payment, your child will not be permitted to re-enter daycare the following week until you are caught up (including all late fees). Starting 11/7/11, these policies will be strictly enforced. We enjoy all of the children and would hate to have anyone miss out. Thank you for understanding and complying.

My husband thought the other was pretty harsh and cold sounding. lol
Michael 07:32 PM 11-02-2011
Here are a few more: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21228
Cat Herder 07:45 PM 11-02-2011
Why are you giving them permission to become a week late?
Mandy_Jane 07:50 PM 11-02-2011
Yeah, why on earth would you allow them to be a week late? You are just ASKING for trouble. My parents pay me on Fridays for the upcoming week by 5:45 pm. A late fee of $10.00 per day begins accruing at 5:46 pm Friday if payment is not received. When Monday morning comes, they either pay for the week plus $30 in late fees, or their child can't stay. If you do it any other way, you are going to be screwed out of money. I have tried your way, and learned it doesn't work. So stick to your guns, and if they don't pay, they don't stay. Unless you just enjoy doing free childcare. Good luck!
AnneCordelia 08:53 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by Mandy_Jane:
Yeah, why on earth would you allow them to be a week late? You are just ASKING for trouble. My parents pay me on Fridays for the upcoming week by 5:45 pm. A late fee of $10.00 per day begins accruing at 5:46 pm Friday if payment is not received. When Monday morning comes, they either pay for the week plus $30 in late fees, or their child can't stay. If you do it any other way, you are going to be screwed out of money. I have tried your way, and learned it doesn't work. So stick to your guns, and if they don't pay, they don't stay. Unless you just enjoy doing free childcare. Good luck!
This is how I do it too.
daycare 08:56 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by Mandy_Jane:
ditto!!
ditto!!
nannyde 06:54 AM 11-03-2011
Have payment be on Friday for the upcoming week. If they don't pony up the money by Monday they don't come to care. No pay no stay.

This gives them two days to borrow it from someone else.

I NEVER have money problems. They pay on Friday and that's that.
lpperry 07:07 AM 11-03-2011
I like your second letter much better than the first.
wdmmom 07:23 AM 11-03-2011
Payment is due on the childs last day of attendance for the week. If they come Monday through Thursday, Thursday is their payment day for the upcoming week.

All payments due at close of business. No pay, no stay. If they come in Monday morning with payment, it better have an additional $30 attached to it for late fees. ($10 per day)
cheerfuldom 09:27 AM 11-03-2011
I don't have late fees on payment anymore because late payments are not allowed, period. If I have a problem family, I must see payment in hand before their child can walk thru the door. No exceptions. If I did do a late fee, it would be a lot more than $5. they can get a whole week "free" just be being late and disappearing. If you did get them to pay later, it would only be $25 more, not a big deal. I would do something like $20 a day.
blueclouds29 10:38 AM 11-03-2011
I am having the same issues with 2 of my families with being late. I hate to hund them for the money. I also charge $10 per day they are late. I copied that letter and made some changes. I hope they get it this time that i'm not messing around anymore!
Tags:late fee policy, late pickup letter
Reply Up