Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Easter Egg Hunt
Josiegirl 03:10 AM 03-04-2020
I know it's early yet.
But I'm in the beginning efforts of planning an egg hunt here with my former dcfs. I have no idea what I'm doing but I've always wanted to have one. Any ideas or suggestions, things that work/don't work? Other activities I can provide to stretch out our time together? I'm having it on a Saturday and we're just going to get some pizzas, rather than make a bunch of foods. But it'd be fun to offer some Easter-ish or spring-ish crafts, a cute fun dessert, etc. It's not going to be huge but I don't want everybody standing around bored. There will be 3 dcfs, 4 dcks in all.

So PLEASE anything you have to offer, give it to me. THANK YOU!!!
Cat Herder 04:03 AM 03-04-2020

A simple and fun treat would be rice crispy treats with fruity pebbles mixed in for pastel colors. Goes well with pizza and super easy cleanup.
284878 07:05 AM 03-04-2020
What ages?
284878 07:10 AM 03-04-2020
Coloring pages while they wait.
Josiegirl 07:38 AM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by 284878:
What ages?
Youngest will be 2 yo in May, then 3, 3 and oldest is almost 7.

Thanks for the ideas so far! Starting a list so if you have more.....
jenboo 08:00 AM 03-04-2020
Egg shaped sugar cookies they can decorate
daycarediva 10:44 AM 03-04-2020
I found baskets at the dollar store, getting one for the small kids in my family to decorate before the egg hunt. Foam stickers, fake flowers, ribbons, stampers.

egg hunt (we are doing glow in the dark as always)

bunny hat craft

pin the tail on the bunny

bunny hop obstacle course (have to hop like a bunny) I may even cricut some little bunny prints along the floor if I have time.

NOT even doing an egg hunt with my dck's this year. That would be disastrous.
Tags:easter - activities, easter - egg hunt, easter ideas
Reply Up