Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Creative Displays For Parents
blueclouds29 12:49 PM 02-23-2011
Does any of you have a spot somewhere for the parents to view art work, pictures, birthdays etc.?
I have a spot right when the parents walk in of pictures called 'Look at us'. I only watch 3 kids and i swear only one parent sees it!! I also have art work all over of what the kids have done. I try to change it out weekly. I also have cut-out balloons with their pictures on each and their birthdays.

An idea that's really cute- I also have 3 small board that i glued different textures on. The kids love it. Its on their level too, even for crawlers. I have a fake flower, a sponge, cotton (which did get pulled out), a fake fish grass, pipe cleaners, a zipper, and other fun textures. I hot glued them so they are not coming off.

Just curious to get other ideas.
Cat Herder 01:24 PM 02-23-2011
I just photograph them and post it to facebook.... The parents all check into it everyday.

This includes chalk driveway art, play dough creations, dry erase boards and other "no take home" art...

I hang the "special", "take-home" artwork inthe playroom for the kids to see, then send them home on Fridays. (my oldest just turned two)

Unfortunately, I still find this artwork under my deck from time to time....
blueclouds29 05:11 PM 03-01-2011
I'm going to respond to my own post so it shows up again and maybe i can get more ideas.
countrymom 05:31 PM 03-01-2011
cute idea.
Abigail 07:46 PM 03-01-2011
I saw once before when someone was sharing photos of their spaces they had a huge display board looking very professional. Maybe they will share it again?
kendallina 09:37 PM 03-01-2011
I just use bulletin boards and put neutral-colored scrapbooking paper on them, then put the children's work over that. I try to back the children's work in black construction paper when I have it, that makes it really stand out. I'm not in to teacher borders and all that, it really takes away from the kids work, I like their work to be the color on the board.
melskids 02:04 AM 03-02-2011
sometimes, i let the kids decorate the bulletin board border. i give them big pieces, 18x24, and let them go to town. sponges or stamping, or anything really. then i cut it in strips and use it as the border.

i have 4 bulletin boards. one is for art (but art hangs everywhere else too, wherever it will fit...lol) another bulletin board is for documentaion panels of things we are learning, one is picutres of the kids and their families, and the last one hangs in the building/block area and has pictures of their buildings. the kids always want to save what they build, and not pick up the blocks, so i compromise at the end of the day, i take a picture of it and hang it up so they can see it, show their parents, or remember how to build it again.

someone on another thread mentioned scrapbooking desk top calendars. i'm going to start doing that, and leave it by the parent sign in sheet.
Tags:creative displays, display
Reply Up