Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>AFFORDABLE Management Software For Small Centers?
dreambeliever 06:21 AM 10-01-2012
I have 13 students so far but expect to grow. It is an after-school program (starts at noon because of the unique charter school I serve) so I do not get as much per child as I would in a daycare situation. I can't find software that "does it all" or does a lot and is also affordable for the up and coming business. The Ezchildtracker software looks awesome and I can even use my ipad for signing students in and out (I don't think any other companies do that)... but they quoted me 2k per year?! LOL. Are you kidding me?? I told them I only had about a dozen kids! I much prefer buying software than "renting" it like many of these companies as well but that might be a pipe dream. After paying $30+ a month, it adds up after a few years.. I could have paid a software developer to create something unique to my program! But I digress.. I just need some suggestions. Does anybody have some experience in dealing with these companies? My spreadsheets aren't working out so well...
Cat Herder 06:25 AM 10-01-2012
I use MMK Pro. $69.95 year.

It does it all to include online payments, certificates, menus, taxes, child info, etc. I sound like a commercial

The rest were simply out of my budget with only 6 slots.
Blackcat31 07:19 AM 10-01-2012
You could also check out Check-in Kids software.

http://www.checkinkids.com/
dreambeliever 09:31 AM 10-01-2012
Cat hearder - I saw that and I like the simplicity. But licensing requires us to have a signature or initials for check in and check out so I don't think I could use that. It would need a signature field. I want to use my iPad so bad for check in and out but I just can't find software/app that will let me do it! Stinks!
Cat Herder 10:30 AM 10-01-2012
Originally Posted by dreambeliever:
Cat hearder - I saw that and I like the simplicity. But licensing requires us to have a signature or initials for check in and check out so I don't think I could use that. It would need a signature field. I want to use my iPad so bad for check in and out but I just can't find software/app that will let me do it! Stinks!
I can't use the virtual sign in/sign out apps because I am required to have a hard copy with actual ink signatures. I have to keep them on file for two years.

MMK has a simple form to be printed off and kept on a clipboard. After that all I need is a hole punch and a binder. I still log attendance for time-space percentages for my taxes.

I think there are security hiccups with the virtual apps, about there not being proof it was not pencil whipped by the provider? IDK.
Tags:management, software, technology
Reply Up