Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advise Needed!!!!!!!
learn-n-grow 09:27 AM 08-25-2011
I have two parents that have enrolled their child for one to two days per week. I was having them pay the day of for care as opposed to the friday prior to the week of care like my full time parents (I hope that made sense). Well the problem that I am running into now is that they will call me the day before and say that their child will not be coming and as a result, I am losing money and then a week goes by and I have to get the child adjusted again. Do you think it is fair for me to say that they must pay the friday prior to care like everybody else? I see this being a problem because say they pay for that day and then cancel, I am sure they are gonna want that $ to go to the next week. When a full-timer misses, they don't get to do that so I just want to be fair in making this change. It will also help them be more consistent with bringing their child every week. What are your thoughts? I hope this makes sense...
Reply
JaydensMommy 09:36 AM 08-25-2011
Well, if you are guaranteeing that their spot will be available every week on the days they need then they should be paying in advance like the other parents. If they would like to be treated like a drop in then you should tell them that you cannot guarantee their spot will be available every week.
Reply
godiva83 10:11 AM 08-25-2011
What I do for my P/T girl is ask for the dates she will be attending on the 1st of the month ( she rotates days based on Mums work) she also pays Monday or the first scheduled day of care. Because, I have her dates written down there is no missing and changing them around and she pays for the days regardless. I have a rule, each P/T must pay for 3 days to ensure their spot it is up to them if they choose to use those days
Reply
Cat Herder 10:57 AM 08-25-2011
You can send this home with their daily sheet Friday:

"September marks the beginning of a new school year.

This school year our program will no longer be offering drop-in care BUT families will have the choice of two part-time slot options.

There are two of each day slots available, first come first serve.

1. Monday - Wednesday - Friday at $**** per week

2. Tuesday - Thursday at $**** per week

Attendance must be on your selected days only to provide a more consistent environment for learning.

Payment will be due on Fridays in advance for the week. Contract required/enclosed.

I am very excited to get this new school year off to a great start!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!"


(you can change it to what you want, obviously. That was off the top of my head..)

Then send home your contact to be signed and returned (with check boxes of their selected days and rate) by Friday September 2nd.
Reply
learn-n-grow 11:27 AM 08-25-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
You can send this home with their daily sheet Friday:

"September marks the beginning of a new school year.

This school year our program will no longer be offering drop-in care BUT families will have the choice of two part-time slot options.

There are two of each day slots available, first come first serve.

1. Monday - Wednesday - Friday at $**** per week

2. Tuesday - Thursday at $**** per week

Attendance must be on your selected days only to provide a more consistent environment for learning.

Payment will be due on Fridays in advance for the week. Contract required/enclosed.

I am very excited to get this new school year off to a great start!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!"


(you can change it to what you want, obviously. That was off the top of my head..)

Then send home your contact to be signed and returned (with check boxes of their selected days and rate) by Friday September 2nd.
Thank you so much! This great to be off the top of your head
Reply
Cat Herder 11:34 AM 08-25-2011
Originally Posted by learn-n-grow:
Thank you so much! This great to be off the top of your head
Your welcome!!

I have to come up with hap, hap, happy stuff for the daily sheets, curriculum and FB page daily...

I think I speak carny, now.....

"Your kid spit on my lunch table and his friend causing 3 kids to refuse to eat. This made them wake up halfway through naptime and kept me from completing all the paperwork for the end of the week reports" turns into..

" **** was very excited about lunch and full of energy today. We will be working on table manners and how spitting is only ok with watermelon seeds...lol!! "
Reply
learn-n-grow 07:30 PM 08-25-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Your welcome!!

I have to come up with hap, hap, happy stuff for the daily sheets, curriculum and FB page daily...

I think I speak carny, now.....

"Your kid spit on my lunch table and his friend causing 3 kids to refuse to eat. This made them wake up halfway through naptime and kept me from completing all the paperwork for the end of the week reports" turns into..

" **** was very excited about lunch and full of energy today. We will be working on table manners and how spitting is only ok with watermelon seeds...lol!! "
lol...nice!
Reply
Tags:holding spot - fee, losing money, part time
Reply Up