Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Security Deposits
mbullette 10:25 AM 01-27-2013
How much do you normally charge for a security deposit? I have never asked for one in the past but I am now for new clients. I have heard anything from $50.00- 2 week deposit.
thatdivalady 11:20 AM 01-27-2013
My security deposits are equal to the last week of care. It honestly depends on your particular area. In my area, it's not always the norm to charge security deposits. I also let them break it up into a few payments if finances are tough.
AnneCordelia 11:42 AM 01-27-2013
My deposit is 2 weeks pay. It is nonrefundable except to use towards the first and last week of care.
EchoMom 11:43 AM 01-27-2013
I don't know if deposits are the norm in my area, but no one has seemed to have a problem with it. Although, I suppose if they had a problem with it then they just wouldn't sign up with me.

I charge a one week deposit that is applied to their final week of care. So the amount depends on what a week of care costs for them. It could be just $74, or it could be as much as $207, etc.

I have only had one family say they couldn't afford to pay their $160 deposit up front, so we broke it up and added it to their rate over 4 weeks. So for 4 weeks they paid $195 and then it went to the regular rate of $160
nothingwithoutjoy 05:56 PM 01-27-2013
2 weeks' pay, which I apply to their last 2 weeks here. (Saves you if they leave without notice.)
Reply Up