Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Whose Responsibility?
Josiegirl 02:57 PM 12-31-2019
Is it up to the parent to contact me for their tax information or should I just go ahead and mail them all out? I won't be seeing anyone since I'm done dc.
Cat Herder 04:15 AM 01-01-2020
I'd probably mail them out signature required just to be done. I like to be done and peace is more important to me than whose responsibility it actually is. Technically, you don't have to give them unless they request them, though.
284878 09:36 AM 01-01-2020
How did you do it in the past with families that left before the end of the year?
Imo you should continue to do the same.

I personally would make them come and pick up a copy and sign my copy stating that they agree with the amount and received a copy.
TomCopeland 09:13 AM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Is it up to the parent to contact me for their tax information or should I just go ahead and mail them all out? I won't be seeing anyone since I'm done dc.
It's the parent's responsibility to ask you for tax information, not yours. Most providers give it to parents without being asked. You are not required to give a receipt or your tax id to parents.
TomCopeland 09:16 AM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by 284878:
How did you do it in the past with families that left before the end of the year?
Imo you should continue to do the same.

I personally would make them come and pick up a copy and sign my copy stating that they agree with the amount and received a copy.
You can either let them contact you or require them to pick up a copy.
Josiegirl 09:19 AM 01-02-2020
Thank you for the replies!
I'm happy to mail 3 of my former dcfs their statements; I don't know another dcf's address while the 5th dcf and I kind of had a bumpy go of it the whole way.
Tags:tax form, w10
Reply Up