Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Many Reminders Before Ending Contract?
Baby Beluga 02:32 PM 09-17-2018
My contracts have a start date but no specific end date. Instead I have parents renew and update their handbook and contracts each fall; I usually send everything out the first week of September. Per my handbook, I also evaluate tuition at this time and will increase, decrease or keep tuition the same depending on what current market pricing is.

I have all new families with the exception of one. This family is paying $25 less per week than everyone else AND is my earliest arrival by 60 minutes. I raised their rates $10 per week. I sent out the new HB and contract on 9/7 and in my letter said I have attached your updated handbook and contract reflecting your new tuition, please return the signed and completed handbook and contract no later than Friday September 14, 2018. Even though their tuition increase will not begin until 9/28 (for the first week in October)

Mom has not returned the new HB and contract. I wrote a reminder on DCB's daily sheet on Friday 9/14 and again today. At what point do I say to mom I need this returned by X date or I will withdraw DCB from care and fill his spot with another child? (with notice for them to find alternative arrangements of course.)
Tags:contract - broken, terminate
Up