Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>4 month old not eating / napping
284878 06:41 PM 01-21-2015
I have a DCB that is 4 months old. He does not latch on to the nipple, it takes an hour to feed 1-2 oz due to his gas. He is on gripe water, which helps. DCB is BF at home. DCD will use a bottle on the rare times that he cares for DCB. DCM started him on medela nipple (he would eat fairly well with this one), when that one got old she replaced with evenflo, which dcb did not like plus it cause the gas problem to get worse. DCM then got avent bottles, which DCB liked better but still does not latch for a full oz plus he needs to burp or fart at least twice sometimes more to get him to take the bottle again. DCM says that she has trouble with him while nursing with latching and burping. She keeps asking me if I think that dcb is tongue tied.
He currently eats 2 oz at the most per feeding an up to 10 oz per 10 hour day. Before the gas got so bad, he did 3-4 oz per feeding up to 12 oz per day.

Any recommendations? Could he be tongue tied?

His bad sleeping started before he got put on the gripe water, at that time he was in pain from the gas. I was hoping that his sleep would get better now that the gas pain was gone. But it has seem to get worse. He will fall asleep while I am burping him but do to regulations, I have to put him in a play pen. As soon as I do he wakes and cries, will not go back to sleep. He cried himself to sleep today in the rocker/ bouncy while I was taking care of the other kids (his sister and my daughter). I left him there and made the girls stay in the play room until he woke. He slept for over an hour and woke happy. His other 2 naps last for roughly 20 minutes and when he wakes he wakes grumpy and fussy, like he is over tried. Both of those, he fell asleep on me while I was burping him. (oh he is coslept and he will sleep in car seat in the car)
Is there anything else that I can try?

They are my only family so, I will not term. I am advertising.
Thank you
Unregistered 07:03 PM 01-21-2015
Have her go see a lactation consultant. My son was tongue tied and it caused MAJOR gas issues which caused issues with sleep. It's an easy procedure and we noticed a difference that same night.
Reply Up