Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>dcp gave notice today
AuntTami 02:04 PM 05-14-2015
One of my daycare parents gave their notice today that her child would be starting new daycare(she's moving to a center from my in-home) on May 24th. This is a one week notice, and I require two plus payment for both days.

Suggests on a letter to write stating that they owe two weeks tuition, regardless if she attends that last week or not. She signed my contract stating that two weeks is requiring and when she approached me two weeks ago to let me know that she was looking for a new center, she stated when she found a new place she would give me two weeks notice when she found one, but I got a FB message today confirming that she would be ending on May 24th

Letter ideas?
NightOwl 02:09 PM 05-14-2015
Dear dcm, I'm so glad you found a place for dcg that will meet your needs and I will truly miss her. As a reminder, I require two weeks notice when a client leaves my care. Please pay this amount in full by xxx. FYI, dcg does not have to stay in attendance during the two week period, in case you'd still like for her to start at the new place on the 24th. Good luck and it was my pleasure to work with you!
NightOwl 02:10 PM 05-14-2015
Might I add, it's bs that she's "ending care" exactly one day before a paid holiday.
hope 02:11 PM 05-14-2015
Does she normally facebook message you to communicate? Seems like an odd way to break the news. If not I would be worried she may book without paying at all.
Blackcat31 02:14 PM 05-14-2015
Originally Posted by hope:
Does she normally facebook message you to communicate? Seems like an odd way to break the news. If not I would be worried she may book without paying at all.
I wondered the same thing.

I require written notices to be handed to me on Fridays WITH payment for the final two weeks unless they paid a deposit.

I would just copy your handbook/contract section where it states you require payment for the 2 weeks whether the child attends or not and also copy the signed contract and send it to her with a short note stating she will still need to pay according to the contract.

Keep it short and to the point.
AuntTami 02:24 PM 05-14-2015
Originally Posted by hope:
Yes, she normally communicates with me through FB message so I didn't think too much of that, but it's something I definitely want to give her a written note about.
Reply Up