Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Whhhhyyyyyyyy do I Keep Doing This?
NightOwl 04:36 PM 06-09-2014
Yes, it's my sister. I changed my hours last month from closing at 6 to closing at 5:30pm. After discussing it with everyone to make sure it wasn't an issue, I sent emails, posted it on the Facebook page, talked to her about it in person, and put a big a$$ note on the front door to remind everyone (but mostly her because my other families actually pay attention and follow my rules). When does she arrive today? 6:05pm. SHE FORGOT was the excuse. The emails, posts, notes, face to face conversations, were all suddenly forgotten, even though she has been coming before 5:30pm since the effective date. Guess who got herself a $35 late fee? I don't know if I will make it until August without killing her.
daycare 04:42 PM 06-09-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
Yes, it's my sister. I changed my hours last month from closing at 6 to closing at 5:30pm. After discussing it with everyone to make sure it wasn't an issue, I sent emails, posted it on the Facebook page, talked to her about it in person, and put a big a$$ note on the front door to remind everyone (but mostly her because my other families actually pay attention and follow my rules). When does she arrive today? 6:05pm. SHE FORGOT was the excuse. The emails, posts, notes, face to face conversations, were all suddenly forgotten, even though she has been coming before 5:30pm since the effective date. Guess who got herself a $35 late fee? I don't know if I will make it until August without killing her.
you are one brave girl.... I could never and would never provide DC for any of my family especially my sister.........

I hope that you can survive here's sending you some good luck.
NightOwl 04:48 PM 06-09-2014
If she has another child, I will LAUGH when she asks me for care.
daycare 04:55 PM 06-09-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
If she has another child, I will LAUGH when she asks me for care.
my sister and i are extremely different. she is crunchy and I am not....lol not that it's wrong, its just we are that different
sahm1225 05:26 PM 06-09-2014
You are very brave! I provide care for my nephew (my brothers child). Excellent family! They pay on time, never late, send extra clothes when asked, etc.

My sister on the other hand - you couldn't pay me enough to watch her child! She would be just like your sister (never on time, paying late, complaining about everything).

It must be a sister thing lol
Lucy 07:15 PM 06-09-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
my sister and i are extremely different. she is crunchy and I am not....lol not that it's wrong, its just we are that different
Just curious as I've never heard that term..... what is "crunchy"?
cheerfuldom 08:15 PM 06-09-2014
crunchy is a term to describe more naturally minded moms who are usually interested in things like home birthing/all natural births, co sleeping, baby wearing, extended breast feeding, cloth diapering, homesteading, and other environmentally friendly choices. usually dont vaccinate their child or an use all natural products, organic foods, etc.

I crunchy moms although everything should be done in moderation and as any other parenting style, some people go WAY extreme.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=crunchy+mama
coolconfidentme 03:54 AM 06-10-2014
My daughter was the first person I termed from my daycare. I didn't charge her, but she wouldn't complete the documents required by my license. I told her complete them or find care elsewhere. She forgot one to many times. I'm sure she remembered at her new daycare, lol.
NightOwl 05:16 AM 06-10-2014
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
My daughter was the first person I termed from my daycare. I didn't charge her, but she wouldn't complete the documents required by my license. I told her complete them or find care elsewhere. She forgot one to many times. I'm sure she remembered at her new daycare, lol.

craftymissbeth 07:08 AM 06-10-2014
I've cared for both of my sisters' kids. The first sister I had to term for consistent late payments plus her 5 yo was out of control and her 7 mo was attachment parented at home and it didn't mesh well with what I do here (BIG time sleep issues).

I ended up letting them come back a week later and it was awesome. All of the issues were fixed. The 7 mo came back a totally different baby and the 5 yo was as sweet as can be I guess "terming" them was the kick in the pants they needed to realize that change needed to happen. Whatever it was they did was apparently pretty easy to do because the change happened so quickly.

I have my other sister's kids right now and it's been tough. After this, I'm not taking anymore family or friends of family.
Crazy8 07:21 AM 06-10-2014
I run far from family and even friends who are looking for care. I work much better with strangers, LOL!
Reply Up