Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Breaking The News - Registered User
Unregistered 05:55 PM 01-13-2011
So I'm a registered user but want to stay anonymous on this one. Just found out one of my dcms is expecting in a few months. I really like the preschool age and all my dcks are 3-5 right now and I'd love to stay with that age range. I'm full but one of my dcks is going to kinder in the Fall so expecting dcm thought it could be a spot for the new baby.

I really want to stick with my age range...how would you break that news? I just think a new baby with the group I have now 7 preschoolers would be just too much. I feel bad but just don't want to take on more than I'm comfortable with.
Unregistered 06:57 PM 01-13-2011
Hi, I know exactly what your going through. I have been in that same situation. Just be honest and tell the Mom exactly what you said in your post just now, that you don't want to take on more then your comfortable with and with your 7 other dck's that is just to much and you don't think you would be able to give the attention that the baby deserves with that many other kids. Your just being honest and I would think the Mom would appreciate that.
Good Luck!
MissAnn 03:05 AM 01-14-2011
I only take kids who are 3-5 years old. I have people waiting till their kids turn 3 to come to me. I haven't had a pregnant mom yet though....that would be hard. My materials are all for preschool age......small pieces. I would have to rearrange my whole program to have an infant. I guess I'm no help....sorry!
MyAngels 05:05 AM 01-14-2011
I would just explain it to her just the way you did here. She will understand, I'm sure, but do be prepared for her to pull her older child. A lot of parents want their kids to stay together.
Cat Herder 05:30 AM 01-14-2011
Tell her the truth. "At this time a newborn would be too much of a strain on myself and the group as a whole. It is my responsibility to make decisions in the best interest of the group at large"...blah, blah, blah....

She will probably pull the other child, though, so be prepared.
SandeeAR 10:26 AM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I would just explain it to her just the way you did here. She will understand, I'm sure, but do be prepared for her to pull her older child. A lot of parents want their kids to stay together.

ditto here
Tags:age groups
Reply Up