Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Small Gift For Daycare Children
kcnjason 04:08 AM 12-14-2011
I usually always do a gift exchange for the kids and that be their gift but a part of me also wants to get something small for all of the children. Have about 10 kids gets expensive buying gifts for all of them. Do you have any ideas for something cute, maybe meaningful for every child? I also want to get something small for the others that just left my daycare last year. I did buy cute christmas mugs from oriental trading that I would like to fill for the kids to send home. I guess that could be their gift from me, what do you think? and what would you fill a small mug with? what kind of little goodies? I need help, I can't believe I'm down to 1 week until christmas!
morgan24 04:42 AM 12-14-2011
How about dipping some plastic spoons in dipping chocolate and making homemade hot cocoa mix and put a small bag of each in the mugs.
Pammie 04:46 AM 12-14-2011
I think the mugs would be a nice gift from you:-)

I like the idea of filling them with hot chocolate mix - call it "Snowman Soup" and add some mini-marshmallows and a candy cane:-) I know there's cute poems and printable tags available free online- just google "snowman soup"

Or some chocolate dipped pretzels are inexpensive to make and are a nice gift that would fit nicely in a mug:-)
SunflowerMama 05:51 AM 12-14-2011
I think the Snowman Soup is a great idea. I'm doing the same for my dcks with a book for each. For the parents I made a 8x10 collage print ($2 each) of each dck's year and framed it and then had the kids handprint a tile.
meganlavonnesmommy 07:01 AM 12-14-2011
I got all my kids gifts at the local dollar store.

Each child is getting a snowman plastic drinking glass with a small christmas board book, a package of christmas gummy candy, and a small stuffed animal. They had sants, snowmen, penguins and reindeer.
melskids 09:00 AM 12-14-2011
We do Scholastic book clubs here...so I've earned enough points and discounts to get most of my books for free (or dirt cheap). So each child will get a beautiful hard cover book. I make sure to pick books that will interest each child (dinosaur, tractors, princess, etc)

I also found really cute wooden stocking ornaments at a dollar store, and there was enough space at the top..so I painted each childs name on each one.

The parents (besides all the goodies and presents the kids make) each get a copy of a picture slide show I make for them on DVD.
Reply Up