Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>God Made Dirt And Dirt Don't Hurt :)
SunshineMama 06:31 AM 05-01-2012
Right???

Because all of my own and daycare kids are having the time of their lives right now makin mud pies and leaf salads, collecting bugs, and shoveling piles of mud. I'm going to have quite the mess to clean today but they are so happy it's worth it!

Have a great day everyone!
SilverSabre25 06:43 AM 05-01-2012
ABSOLUTELY!!!

It's awesome that you're letting them have that kind of experience!! Kids and clothes are washable...I always say, let the mess begin!
TBird 07:59 AM 05-01-2012
AMEN!!! Sand, dirt, water, grass, playground mulch!!!

I've already told parents "Here come the dusty, dirty days of summer." Let me know if you're going out after pickup and I'll change him/her." Some would rather save the laundry ya know?
Lilbutterflie 09:52 AM 05-01-2012
Yup! I totally agree! I've asked my parents for extra clothes b/c we definitely plan to be messy! And I've reminded them to send their kids in clothes they don't mind getting dirty, dirty, dirty!

One DCM I have doesn't see the value in letting them get dirty like we do! I think it makes for great play experiences. When she picks up and sees he's been playing in the sand bin, or rice bin (sensory table); she sighs and says "Oh, Johnny; you've been playing in the dirt again." I remind her that it means he's having lots of fun and dirt don't hurt!
Unregistered 11:18 AM 05-01-2012
I love it when my guys go home dirty...I don't care if the parents have a problem with it...send them in old play clothes and be happy they've had so much fun...I usually say, "If you're dirty, it's been a good day..." Translate to they had FUN today!!
JennyBear 11:49 AM 05-02-2012
you said it sister!! Just means they did something fun!!

I haven't had one parent complain but if I ever do I plan on making a remark about how I could plop their child in front of the t.v all day. I'm sure their tune would change! haha
GretasLittleFriends 11:59 AM 05-02-2012
It was a very rainy day yesterday and I had one get dropped off during our morning outside time. We happened to be outside between showers. All of the kids had puddle jumpers (rain boots) on, including the one that just got dropped off. They were all walking (not jumping or splashing) in the puddles.

This girl gets here, gets out of mom's vehicle on her own and went running straight for the biggest puddle and jumped in both feet. The mother was mortified, and I had to do my hardest to stifle a smile. When she did this, DCG4 splashed a DCB3. He didn't find it very amusing, and the girl was in the process of being told not to jump, just walk (from her mother) like the others as she jumped in both feet. DCB3 had a few speckles of muddy water, was upset, and before I could stop him kicked a HUGE swing of muddy water. Her mom was upset until she realized the boy's face was speckled with muddy water, and in his eyes she had it coming.

We immediately lined up at the door to come inside, got toweled off, and those changed.
Reply Up