Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Kids Are Getting Heavy and I'm Panicking!!!!
kppzbw 12:39 PM 05-08-2015
My kids are getting heavy and more and more inactive and I'm panicking!!! I am a wife and a mother to 3 beautiful daughters. I was an elementary school teacher for 10 years and have been doing daycare for the past 4. We are a loving, middle class family. Our children are our world and we would do anything for them! With that said....I feel as though I am failing in a few areas. My daughters just had their dance recital and in a group of over 100 dancers, a handful were overweight. My 7 year old is very heavy for her age and my always slender 5 year old has put on a few pounds and I can see her slipping slowly into the same position. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!! In this group of 100 girls, there are obese parents, slim parents, uneducated parents, educated parents, upper class, lower class....you get the drift....so what am I doing so different???? We are not living on mountain dew and pizza!!! I try to feed them healthy meals, but am guilty of letting them snack...but so do others...I seriously do not know how to raise thin, healthy kids!!!
Up