Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Parent Using TaxACT and My Tax ID #
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:15 AM 02-19-2013
I have a parent using TaxAct and it won't take my EIN number with my name. I have had this number for several years and never had a problem with any other parent. It wants my social security number. Anyone else had this problem? Do I give it to them or refuse? Help please.
sammie 10:19 AM 02-19-2013
I wouldn't give out my SSN....I would have the parent contact the customer service number for help.
Meeko 10:23 AM 02-19-2013
Never, ever, give your SSN to a parent!
itlw8 11:04 AM 02-19-2013
You refuse.... not only the security risk but once you get an EIN it says to ALWAYS use it for the business They are doing something wrong have them call tax act it is not YOUR problem.
TomCopeland 11:23 AM 02-19-2013
Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse:
I have a parent using TaxAct and it won't take my EIN number with my name. I have had this number for several years and never had a problem with any other parent. It wants my social security number. Anyone else had this problem? Do I give it to them or refuse? Help please.
Never heard of this before. Once you have an EIN number you should never give out your Social Security number. There's no reason the TaxAct software won't accept your EIN. This is the parent's problem, not yours.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 12:29 PM 02-19-2013
Thanks!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 01:54 PM 02-19-2013
Thanks Tom! That is what I thought. But, they had me thrown this morning.
MarinaVanessa 04:03 PM 02-19-2013
It could be that they are trying to insert your Tax ID including the -
As in XX-******X, and so it won't take it.
If they continue to have problems suggest that they enter only the numbers. The Tax ID has just as many numbers as a SSN so I don't see why the program wouldn't take it.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 04:19 PM 02-19-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
It could be that they are trying to insert your Tax ID including the -
As in XX-******X, and so it won't take it.
If they continue to have problems suggest that they enter only the numbers. The Tax ID has just as many numbers as a SSN so I don't see why the program wouldn't take it.
Thanks they got it figured out! Thankfully
Tags:ein, taxact
Reply Up