Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Question for Tom Copeland...Employer Taxes
frugalmama4 07:40 AM 12-08-2013
Hello Tom,

Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Question: What happens if I don't pay ALL the payroll taxes owed by the end of Dec 2013; before I file my tax return. Will I get a bill after I file or will it come out of any refund I should get??

* I'm set up as a sole proprietorship with one employee and owe about $700.00 in payroll taxes.

Thanks!
TomCopeland 01:03 PM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by frugalmama4:
Hello Tom,

Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Question: What happens if I don't pay ALL the payroll taxes owed by the end of Dec 2013; before I file my tax return. Will I get a bill after I file or will it come out of any refund I should get??

* I'm set up as a sole proprietorship with one employee and owe about $700.00 in payroll taxes.

Thanks!
Payroll taxes are due on different dates. The last quarter of Social Security/Medicare taxes are due January 10th. The last quarter of federal unemployment taxes are due January 31st (Form 940). If you don't make these deadlines you will owe penalties. I'm not sure if these taxes will be taken out of your refund.
frugalmama4 02:50 PM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
Payroll taxes are due on different dates. The last quarter of Social Security/Medicare taxes are due January 10th. The last quarter of federal unemployment taxes are due January 31st (Form 940). If you don't make these deadlines you will owe penalties. I'm not sure if these taxes will be taken out of your refund.
Thanks Tom!
Tags:emoplyer taxes
Reply Up