Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Opening Home Daycare, Need Help with Name
Michelle0620 12:12 PM 10-13-2020
I am opening my home daycare soon, and I am trying to get input on if this name is too much or if it's perfect. And also what logo I should use. Thanks.

Name- Lucky Little Ladybugs
Michelle0620 12:19 PM 10-13-2020
https://ibb.co/pzM8cM0
https://ibb.co/JnV7SnB

Links for my logo pics.
Gemma 04:22 AM 10-14-2020
I love the logo!
About the name, if it was me I would lose the "Lucky" but that's just my preference.
Some might say the "Little" is already overused, and that's their preference...so in the end what matters is YOUR preference, if you love that name, go for it!

Welcome to the childcare provider's world!
e.j. 01:37 PM 10-14-2020
The name is cute and the logo is adorable. If you like it, I'd say go with it.
Rockgirl 02:27 PM 10-14-2020
I’m personally not into the “cutesy” names, but if you love it, that’s what matters!
284878 07:14 PM 10-14-2020
IMO - ladybugs is a bit girly to me.

But the logo is cute.

Have you done a google search to make sure that it is not a name used in your area?

I choose to change my first few names because there were dc near me with similar names.
Michael 08:37 PM 10-14-2020
I sent you a password reminder. Please log in to post.
Gemma 04:30 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I signed out to keep my daycare blog posts anonymous since I want to share a link that would identify my profile on here to the public.

I kind of regret my daycare business name choice. It's a "little" one too. However, I love my other business name "Kahlan's Cottage". My 6 year old daughter's name is Kahlan (pronounced like Kaylan) and her dad built a beautiful little playhouse for her when she was a year old and named it that. I wish I would have gone with that name for my daycare 5 years ago! If you want to see a pic of this playhouse, one of his many other neat whimsical playhouses or check out some of my crafted minky blankets here you are:
I'm a "Little" too and I love it!

As for your name, why don't you change it?
Josiegirl 07:20 AM 10-15-2020
If YOU like it, that's all that matters. Your logo is adorable. Myself, I love ladybugs and this time of year we get tons of them in our windows. I say go for it.
Unregistered 07:45 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Michael:
I sent you a password reminder. Please log in to post.
We aren't allowed to anonymously post? I remember my password and have been logged in for most of all of my postings. I just wanted to keep from linking my Facebook to this blog because I don't want anyone I know to see my blogs on here. I was hoping for privacy and the opportunity to speak objectively with other providers on here without clients observing.
Blackcat31 08:01 AM 10-15-2020
We aren't allowed to anonymously post? I remember my password and have been logged in for most of all of my postings. I just wanted to keep from linking my Facebook to this blog because I don't want anyone I know to see my blogs on here. I was hoping for privacy and the opportunity to speak objectively with other providers on here without clients observing.
I personally have no issue with members logging out to post anonymously but I don't think you should be soliciting sales.

IF Michael allows that type of advertising, I think it should be an option for members signed in only.

I don't know how others feel but that's my two cents.
Unregistered 08:18 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I personally have no issue with members logging out to post anonymously but I don't think you should be soliciting sales.

IF Michael allows that type of advertising, I think it should be an option for members signed in only.

I don't know how others feel but that's my two cents.
Okay, sorry will you please delete my post? I didn't mean to bother anyone. I'm proud of that playhouse and excited about the things we've been making. I wanted to share but I understand I shouldn't have because this isn't the place for it. Sorry!
Blackcat31 09:09 AM 10-15-2020
Okay, sorry will you please delete my post? I didn't mean to bother anyone. I'm proud of that playhouse and excited about the things we've been making. I wanted to share but I understand I shouldn't have because this isn't the place for it. Sorry!
Oh no apologies necessary!
I think the playhouse is adorable and you should be proud!

I am not the site owner so I can't say one way or another if posting links for solicitation of sales is acceptable or not but if Michael says it is okay, then you can post freely!

My only issue was that I think you should be able to post links for sales but only as a logged in member. Otherwise, the amount of people that post anonymously to sell their wares is overwhelming at times so that specifically was what I was posting about.

I also understand your point of not wanting clients to see who you are on this board so I get where you are coming from.

My advice is wait to see what Michael says.
Michael 10:27 AM 10-15-2020
We don’t allow advertising on the forum in general. There are some long-time members that promote some of the products or businesses. We are happy to support them because they support this forum with their expertise and conversations.

Since you are a new member, it comes across that you are using the forum just to promote and market your products which falls outside of our rules.

I hope as a childcare provider you can add your knowledge and experience to our conversations for those looking for help and answers in starting and improving their daycare business.
Jo123ABC 12:04 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Michael:
We don’t allow advertising on the forum in general. There are some long-time members that promote some of the products or businesses. We are happy to support them because they support this forum with their expertise and conversations.

Since you are a new member, it comes across that you are using the forum just to promote and market your products which falls outside of our rules.

I hope as a childcare provider you can add your knowledge and experience to our conversations for those looking for help and answers in starting and improving their daycare business.
It's no problem, I actually have been a member for nearly 3 years and have been on here for 4. Since my original post was deleted along with the link I'll just let you all know who's posting. Sorry for causing issues. I live in a small town and it's nice to have someplace to go to talk with like-minded individuals and vent without fear of losing business because everyone knows everyone... Or is related to them.

You're just protecting your site from the ransom trolls! I promise I'm not one
Tags:daycare name, daycare name business title, daycare names
Reply Up