Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Best Pack and Play Ever???
LaLa1923 10:17 AM 10-16-2013
I am on the hunt for nice pack and plays. I am giving up the hope of ever being able to find one that is deeper than all the rest. They are all about the same height.

I am now on the hunt for the pack and play that is the EASIEST to set up.

I think I found one!! Drawback: it's price....ugh

http://www.amazon.com/4moms-4M-009-0...com/B0088JRAFI

thoughts?? anyone have one??

Maria2013 10:22 AM 10-16-2013
oh I so feel like hugging you right now

I've been looking for a couple of decent ones to replace the ones I have, they are not old, but they are very poorly made, the mat has no sawed sections like the one in your link and it developed an ugly fold in the center

Thank you for sharing this, love the color too
Blackcat31 10:36 AM 10-16-2013
Looks nice but it is sooooo shallow.

Hands down the best PNP are the JMason ones that were discontinued long ago. I bought 2 from Craig's List and wish they still made them.....I can NOT say enough about how great they are.

My other PNP that I have and like a lot is the Eddie Bauer one like this

It is a bit shallow too but I use it only when I have to. I just think it's construction is solid and sturdy and not flimsy at all.

http://www.amazon.com/Eddie-Bauer-Co...+Pack+and+play
angiescott 10:41 AM 10-16-2013
I use the funsport pack and plays from graco. It's simple to set up and it's compact. they also sell 3 inch mattresses for them so I have those for them as well. I only have under 18 month children in them so climbing out isn't a problem for me.
LaLa1923 10:42 AM 10-16-2013
Originally Posted by angiescott:
I use the funsport pack and plays from graco. It's simple to set up and it's compact. they also sell 3 inch mattresses for them so I have those for them as well. I only have under 18 month children in them so climbing out isn't a problem for me.
where did you get the mattresses?

I have those as well but I'm looking for something easier.
TwinKristi 10:47 AM 10-16-2013
Originally Posted by angiescott:
It looks like this is by Cosco not Graco, but looks similar to others. Most play yards are the same size and they make a universal 3" mattress for play yards. We have a Graco Travelite which is a smaller model that fits through doors but that's on its way out. I also have another one someone gave me, it's nice but a PITA to set up and take down! Ugh!!
TwinKristi 10:48 AM 10-16-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
where did you get the mattresses?

I have those as well but I'm looking for something easier.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004JU...110_SY165_QL70
LaLa1923 10:51 AM 10-16-2013
I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and get a few 4 moms breeze.

The problem is I need to take these day every day. I'm not doing that and they are in the way after hours. My dcks sleep in my kids rooms..
angiescott 10:56 AM 10-16-2013
Sorry, it is by Costco, the pack and plays and mattresses. I didn't think that they got much easier to use than those. Their the simplest ones that I have found so far.
Blackcat31 10:56 AM 10-16-2013
I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and get a few 4 moms breeze.

The problem is I need to take these day every day. I'm not doing that and they are in the way after hours. My dcks sleep in my kids rooms..
Have you considered those wooden fold flat cribs?

Easy to set up and take down. Prices are comparable.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0035ER8LC/...SIN=B0035ER8LC
LaLa1923 11:01 AM 10-16-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

good idea! I will take a look more at those later!! The only problem with those is they take up more storage space...
mom2many 01:53 PM 10-16-2013

I absolutely love mine like this!
Familycare71 02:08 PM 10-16-2013
Please keep this updated- I am trying to decide what to do as far as pack n plays too! And have looked at the food up cribs- black cat- do you (or anyone else ) use the fold up cribs?? I just hate the extra space keeping the cribs up uses- but I also HIGHLY DISLIKE taking the traditional pack n play up and down!
Blackcat31 03:19 PM 10-16-2013
Originally Posted by Familycare71:
Please keep this updated- I am trying to decide what to do as far as pack n plays too! And have looked at the food up cribs- black cat- do you (or anyone else ) use the fold up cribs?? I just hate the extra space keeping the cribs up uses- but I also HIGHLY DISLIKE taking the traditional pack n play up and down!
CatHerder does..... she posted a picture in another thread a while back about using them.

She says they go up lickety split and come down just as easily.

Plus being wooden verses cloth or mesh it would seem they would be MUCH easier to clean and sanitize them.
Familycare71 03:43 PM 10-16-2013
CatHerder does..... she posted a picture in another thread a while back about using them.

She says they go up lickety split and come down just as easily.

Plus being wooden verses cloth or mesh it would seem they would be MUCH easier to clean and sanitize them.
Thanks!! I am also nervous about investing in a pack n play and then having them become banned for dc...
Brooksie 04:18 PM 10-16-2013
http://www.target.com/p/cosco-funspo...8&term=playard

I have these. Simple. Easy to clean. And easy and quick to put up and down... takes me less than a minute and there is never a struggle

Brooksie 04:21 PM 10-16-2013
good idea! I will take a look more at those later!! The only problem with those is they take up more storage space...
I have one of these I keep outside. I hate it. lol. I never break it down and it stays outside. It is so heavy and takes up so much space. Its VERY cumbersome to do anything with. Hate it. Hate. lol hate. Although it does work as a good outside pack n play
Meeko 04:37 PM 10-16-2013
Thanks!! I am also nervous about investing in a pack n play and then having them become banned for dc...
I bought the fold up cribs and got rid of my pnp's. I LOVE the cribs. They fold very easily and can go under low items or stack up against a wall if necessary. I keep mine up in my nursery, but I like the ease of storage if I want to.

And the biggest love?? No more trying to wash snot off of mesh!!!!
mom2many 05:05 PM 10-16-2013
I also love how I can wheel it easily into another room and store it folded up flat behind the bedroom door.
Familycare71 07:52 PM 10-16-2013
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
I have one of these I keep outside. I hate it. lol. I never break it down and it stays outside. It is so heavy and takes up so much space. Its VERY cumbersome to do anything with. Hate it. Hate. lol hate. Although it does work as a good outside pack n play
Are you talking about fold up cribs??
Brooksie 05:45 AM 10-17-2013
Are you talking about fold up cribs??
Yes! lol They are so bulky and heavy. I hate mine. It is easy to fold up but that's about the only easy thing about it. I keep mine outside for the instant when my infant wont stop eating leaves, or for emergency evacuations.
SSWonders 06:17 AM 10-17-2013
I use these. The price was right for me. They are easy to set up and take down. So far they've held up really well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tags:pack n play, pack n play vs crib
Reply Up