Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Coupons For Xmas For Our Parents
Christian Mother 02:44 PM 12-07-2011
Does anyone do this for their families for Christmas? I read here about some of the providers wanting to give coupons for late fees or free date nights. I would love to do this for my families for Xmas!! Can you all help me create on? Does anyone have a template I can have to go off of? I'd like to do 3 coupons (1 for a free late fee, 1 for free date night, and 1 for over night care).
Zoe 03:25 PM 12-07-2011
If you do a free late fee, then I'd put the stipulation that they still have to call you and announce that they will be late. I'd hate to be waiting there wondering what was going on! But other than that, I think it's a nice idea!
Sunchimes 06:08 PM 12-07-2011
I would think you could use a graphics program or MS Paint, and make one. If you have one of those programs that designs greeting cards, it would work well too. Or just print one out on a half sheet of paper, add a free Christmas clip art graphic and use that.
Christian Mother 06:37 PM 12-07-2011
I only have 5 families...3 are part time and there always awesome about calling or letting me know in advance about late pick ups. Most are scheduled but they would always contact me to give me a heads up. Love my parents but I will def. put a reminder on there to call ahead on being late w/a max of an hr late. Also, I have a apple computer...I haven't had time figure out how to create things on this computer it's still new to me since switching over a couple yrs ago from windows. I am going to mess around with it on Fri. bc I only have one child on Fri.
DCMom 06:59 AM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
Does anyone do this for their families for Christmas? I read here about some of the providers wanting to give coupons for late fees or free date nights. I would love to do this for my families for Xmas!! Can you all help me create on? Does anyone have a template I can have to go off of? I'd like to do 3 coupons (1 for a free late fee, 1 for free date night, and 1 for over night care).
I love this idea so much, I'm stealing it!

I always do some type of gift from the kids, but I always feel like I want to show my appreciation to them in some way. I have really good families and a little goodwill goes a long way I think.

There is some cute free clip art coupons online ~ I just googled it, lol. I think I'm going to put a Terms of Use on mine; then there is no confusion on when/how they can use it.

Thanks, Christian Mother!
PitterPatter 08:57 AM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
I am giving out free late fees but no free nights out. I used the rabbit from Alice in Wonderland for my graphic on the coupon. He's running looking at hios watch. Perfect! Hope that helps!
beachgrl 09:44 AM 12-08-2011
I may have to do this too! The two families I do have, have been great and this would be something beneficial/special I do for them. Great idea!
Christian Mother 09:51 AM 12-08-2011
You guys are too cute!!

Feel free to steal a way...lol!! I take ideals all the time from you guys..I'm glad I can contribute!!

All my families are awesome and right now I can't afford much for xmas gifts for the kids so anything that we can do that are home made are great for me. I think I might even pick up some Kumon ABC big tracing flash cards for my 3 little guys as they are learning their alphabet and also a kumon coloring book. Barnes and Nobles as them and there awesome. Then we are going to make xmas tree decorations. I am sooo tired lately I just can't seem to get motivated to do crafts with the kids..need some more coffee....
cheerfuldom 09:56 AM 12-08-2011
ummm...no I dont do this and have never heard of this. I dont do gifts for the kids and parents besides what the kids make during craft times.
Christian Mother 02:37 PM 12-09-2011
I only hae 5 families so I really get into it. I don't spend a lot of money on them as there a lot of projects we do and then the ones that are extremely cute like ornaments or art activities are usually what is sent home as gifts for the parents... but I talk a lot of pictures of the kids so last yr i made a scrap book for each child for their families so they can see what they do from day to day. Nothing to big but I've had these families for quiet sometime now. I like doing nice things for them.
busymommy0420 05:57 PM 12-09-2011
I just made coupon books for each of my 4 families I work with. I created on excel and cut them out and they were a hit. They included.

(3) $5.00 off your weekly rate
(1) $5.00 off a missed non vacation day
(1) $5.00 off a paid holiday
(2) Pay one day late (Must pay by Wednesday)
(2) Pay two days late (Must pay by Thursday)
(1) Pick up late with out fee (No more then 30 minutes)

Coupons are good from 01/01/12-12/31/12 and good only once per coupon.

This in the long run will cost me some money but my families are great and I don't mind doing this. The kids were so interested when I was making the coupon books this afternoon.
CheekyChick 08:29 PM 12-09-2011
I never charge for late fees since my parents are rarely late. I like the idea of a free "date night." Cute.
Christian Mother 08:37 PM 12-09-2011
Great suggestions!!

Mine are not always late but I have a teacher who works pretty far away from daycare and also a parent who owns her own biz. Both try really hard and always call me when they think they'll be late others are always 15 min early. I don't mind much...mainly bc I like earning the extra income..heheh!!
Abigail 10:31 PM 12-09-2011
I think offering coupons is great. Next year I would do an early gift and give it out just before Thanksgiving though and offer a free 3 hours on a certain evening or something so parents can do Christmas shopping without kids.
SandeeAR 09:57 AM 12-10-2011
I have this printed out on brightly colored paper. I use it for various things. I have a dcd that fixed my computer once (gave him 2). Have a mom that works at a doctors office and brings me free samples of an expensive ($18 per pill, on insurance) antibiotic, that my doc likes to use for me. I give her those everytime she brings me a 6 pack of pills.

Certificate for *******’s Daycare

Good for one free Extra Day.
Please contact Mrs. ******** to schedule the day.

Good for 6 months from date of issue. Based on space available.

Issue Date:_____________________

I sign them and when they turn them in, I dated them and place in kids file.
Tags:christmas - coupons, coupons
Reply Up