Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How's Everyone's Monday Going?
Onawhim 09:08 AM 03-30-2015
How is everyone's day going? We are having an amazing Monday so far, I don't know if it's because it's a short week, because I started the day off with a walk before everyone was awake at home, everyone had a restful weekend or what. I have a full house today all my littles are in a great mood, I'm in a great mood, everyone is napping I am relaxing and doing some paperwork. Today is a great Monday! I hope it's the feeling of spring in the air setting us up for a great season! I hope everyone else is having a great Monday!!
Gemma 09:12 AM 03-30-2015
My morning went great!

no short week for me though
daycare 09:13 AM 03-30-2015
regular week for me here and it's been the typical MONDAY........
Onawhim 09:31 AM 03-30-2015
Is Friday not a stat holiday in the states? What about Easter Monday?
Blackcat31 09:32 AM 03-30-2015
Mondays here are usually pretty low key and very easy. I think the kids are wanting to get back into a routine and to see their friends.

Ask me tomorrow and I'll have a completely different answer....Tuesdays are Mondays for me.
Gemma 09:35 AM 03-30-2015
Originally Posted by Onawhim:
Some people have Friday off, but most of my families do not!
The Monday following Easter, is just a regular day for us.
Blackcat31 09:37 AM 03-30-2015
Originally Posted by Onawhim:
Neither are federal holidays.

A lot of providers close Friday or Monday but banks, schools and other government agencies around here are not closed.

Only 11 states observe Good Friday as state holiday.
Annalee 09:46 AM 03-30-2015
Good Friday is not a state holiday here as all the banks are open but school is out and I take all school holidays excluding summer
KSDC 10:05 AM 03-30-2015
Crazy!
Four of my seven kids have teacher(s) as parents. Last week was spring break. So, an entire week of no daycare.

They have forgotten EVERYTHING!
I welcome any prayers, good vibes, and happy thoughts so that I don't go noisily insane!
MsLisa 10:18 AM 03-30-2015
Being a 4 day work week, not going to complain.
This morning (Before care), the jerk child and his whiny little brother didn't come so that was a great start. But omg, the other 5 kids were soooo loud and attention needy. I must have heard my name a 100000 times in a matter of 15 min. Oi!

Let's see how Aftercare goes today. Fingers crossed its a smooth, lots of tiring gym time and early pickups kind of Monday.
laundrymom 10:33 AM 03-30-2015
Our monday is going smooth!
Thursday is my last working day before vaca so I am jazzed.
BumbleBee 10:39 AM 03-30-2015
It's so so. The kids are fine, the parents are annoying me.

I just remembered that Friday is a no school day, and next week is spring break. Crap.
Martha Stewart 10:51 AM 03-30-2015
I have 2 kiddos who emphatically refuse to lie down and rest/nap/be quiet....so there's that. Otherwise, typical monday...oh wait, this IS pretty standard monday behavior
Jack Sprat 11:02 AM 03-30-2015
Great so far! We got to play outside this morning. The weather is beautiful. Everyone is tired but, that is always expected on Mondays. And I have a 4 day work week. I took Good Friday off this year as a paid holiday. So excited!
Gemma 11:27 AM 03-30-2015
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
It's so so. The kids are fine, the parents are annoying me.

9 out of 10 times, the parents are to blame for my not so good mood
spud912 11:27 AM 03-30-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Mondays here are usually pretty low key and very easy. I think the kids are wanting to get back into a routine and to see their friends.

Ask me tomorrow and I'll have a completely different answer....Tuesdays are Mondays for me.
Ditto for me too. The kids have been (mostly) good. One is out ill, but she is my easiest and most favorite so it literally makes no difference whether she is here or not (except that I actually do miss her when she is gone).

I just got out of a CRAZY last two weeks so it has been so much more relaxing winding down. I had family in town, staying at my house, all last week and closed two of those days. Since they were in town I decided to do my dd's birthday on Saturday. Nobody from dd's kindergarten class ever shows up to any of the birthday parties so I decided to invite her class in the hopes she gets a couple kids. Go figure, we ended up having 60 people at the house on Saturday (31 of which were children) . In preparation for all of this I had to clean the house, finish unpacking our bedroom (yeah, we moved 8 months ago ), and get things ready for the party (baking cupcakes from scratch, making food, organizing and preparing things). It went great and as of this morning I'm officially done cleaning from the party and done with 7 loads of laundry. Oh and I had an inspection from the insurance company this morning.
spud912 11:29 AM 03-30-2015
Originally Posted by Jack Sprat:
Great so far! We got to play outside this morning. The weather is beautiful. Everyone is tired but, that is always expected on Mondays. And I have a 4 day work week. I took Good Friday off this year as a paid holiday. So excited!
Aww, I wish our weather was great! We are hitting record highs of 97 today.....SOOOO not ready for this!
Jack Sprat 11:50 AM 03-30-2015
Originally Posted by spud912:
Aww, I wish our weather was great! We are hitting record highs of 97 today.....SOOOO not ready for this!
I would love to have a high of 97!! It has been cold, rainy, sleeting, nice, windy, sunny here. And that is just in the last four days.
Josiegirl 03:27 PM 03-30-2015
Monday Came. And Monday went.

Phew
Now we can only wonder what surprises lurk in tomorrow.
Sunchimes 06:40 PM 03-30-2015
This was the best Monday-no, the best day we've had in months. The baby took enough bottle that we only had to do minimal pumping.and it all stayed down. The 4 y.o. was happy and helpful. But best of all, the 2 year old with rage disorder was calmer than he's been in months. No rages, one typical 2 year old mini-fit, no hitting or screaming, and he put on a show for his PT, showcasing the results of all of our hard work this month. Really good day. And I probably just jinxed tomorrow.
Reply Up