Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Quiet Bins!! :)
Jack Sprat 11:07 AM 09-02-2015
This may be old news to some providers. But, for me it's been a wonderful addition. I read about the book A Year of Educational Quiet Bins..The Secret to peaceful days at home with kids.. I ordered a copy and made a few bins real quick. They are huge hit! Usually after lunch the kids all read books while I clean up the babies and the kitchen. Lately, reading time hasn't been going well. Today, I gave the older three kiddos quiet bins. They loved them, and they each worked independently for a good 30 minutes. My plan is to also use them at pick up. It gets a little hairy sometimes especially during the winter months.
daycarediva 11:33 AM 09-02-2015
Soooo...what's in a bin? I have a bins I keep for emergencies that contain ziplock bags with things like scratch paper, sticker scenes, color wonder paint, etc.

I have a 4yo who only naps about 45m on Fridays and I could use something to fill in that time!
Preschool/daycare teacher 11:34 AM 09-02-2015
I haven't heard of that book. Can you tell me what you put in the bins? Working independently for thirty minutes before nap while I clean up from lunch sounds GREAT!
mia 11:46 AM 09-02-2015
Was wondering the same thing.. What do you put into the bins, where can we get the book or link????
Jack Sprat 11:54 AM 09-02-2015
Here is a link to the book.

http://www.amazon.com/Year-Education...l+quiet+binsok.

pipe cleaners and wooden beads in one bin

printed out a pages with color recognition/color word tracing/circling the picture with that color, put them in plastic sheets with dry erase markers

Wrote a few letters on paper for one, they have little stickers to trace the letters with.

Colored square tiles with mats to sort colors and mats to make the color pattern shown.

Those are the bins I have done.
Reply Up