Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Use For Changing
BrynleeJean 01:08 PM 06-07-2018
I used to change on a changing mat on the floor in the bathroom.
Now moving to care requiring me to change 100 percent of the children i bring in I'm thinking thats a lot of up and down.

Besides the classic standing changing table what do y'all do to change your babies?
Indoorvoice 01:51 PM 06-07-2018
I prefer to change on a mat on the floor of my bathroom. Even with lots of diaper kids. I feel it's safer than changing tables and I'm able to have all my diapering supplies and mat cleaning supplies in arms reach so it's quick and easy.
Blackcat31 01:54 PM 06-07-2018
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
I prefer to change on a mat on the floor of my bathroom. Even with lots of diaper kids. I feel it's safer than changing tables and I'm able to have all my diapering supplies and mat cleaning supplies in arms reach so it's quick and easy.
Same here too.... I think those changing tables the kids either need to be lifted up onto or that they use steps to get up onto are a bigger risk than other method. Some of these kiddos in diapers now days are huge! I normally can't and won't lift or carry a child old enough to walk.

Changing on a wipable non-porous nap mat is ideal.
LysesKids 03:39 PM 06-07-2018
Originally Posted by BrynleeJean:
I used to change on a changing mat on the floor in the bathroom.
Now moving to care requiring me to change 100 percent of the children i bring in I'm thinking thats a lot of up and down.

Besides the classic standing changing table what do y'all do to change your babies?
Mine is also on the floor... I keep the wipes & diapers on shelves next to where the pad is
midaycare 06:25 PM 06-07-2018
I have a 2" thick yoga mat that has a removable, washable cover. I replace about every 9 months. It's $20 off of Amazon.
Jupadia 06:34 PM 06-07-2018
I'm like using a changing station myself. My downstairs bathroom was short about an inch to put in a true change table. But I got a kalax shelf from IKEA 4 cube style that can hold a lot of weight. Bought doors for each cubby as well. Each kid has a cubby I keep their supplies in. On top is a change mat. Best part is if we have company I can take off mat and it looks nice as a shelf. I also use an invidale change mat for each kid.
sharlan 06:45 PM 06-07-2018
Hand towel on the sofa.

I don't like or have room for a changing table. My abdominal muscles were rearranged 27 years ago and I have a hard time getting up off of the floor.
Cat Herder 08:46 AM 06-08-2018
I use a changing table with cubbies and storage inside. Outside I use a high walled changer and folding table.
Attached: 1527328_CEBAC4ED672A439B83ACDB97B8DEAAC4 (600 x 317).jpg (16.5 KB) 27084b (580 x 393).jpg (37.0 KB) 
DaveA 02:52 PM 06-08-2018
My bathroom doesn't really have room for a changing table, so I just use one of the changing mats.
jenboo 05:37 PM 06-08-2018
Changing mat on the floor in the hallway outside the bathroom.
Tags:changing, changing area, changing station, changing table
Reply Up