Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No Luck With Advertising
Unregistered 03:58 PM 04-13-2010
I've been providing child care for 16 years. However, because of some injuries, I'm unable to take infants, unless they're walking. Does anyone have any suggestions on advertising? I'm constantly getting infant calls even though I advertise preschool with my daycare. I've tried so many advertising ideas that I'm exhausted. Please.... ALL ideas welcome!
Michael 12:07 AM 04-14-2010
Fill in this information and we will list you for one month in the Daycare.com database for searches in your area.

Company/Business Name:
User Name:
Street Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Phone:
Email Address:
Hours of Operation:
Capacity:
Center Based:
Home Based:
License Number:
Age Groups:
Description/Special Services:
Chickenhauler 03:22 AM 04-14-2010
Ideas off the top of my head:

Newspaper
Craigslist
Flyers at places like laundromats, cafe's, grocery stores, etc (IDK about your area, but where I live, heavy traffic business's have bulletin boards to post stuff).
Call your local schools and ask if they have a list of providers that they refer people to. Same goes for realtors and apartment complex's.
Sign at the end of the driveway.
Unregistered 05:16 AM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by michael:
Fill in this information and we will list you for one month in the Daycare.com database for searches in your area.

Company/Business Name: Pine Island Daycare & Preschool
User Name: pidaycare
Street Address: 772 kornoelje n.e.
City: Comstock Park
State: Michigan
Zip Code: 49321
Phone: 616-805-7982 (or) 616-784-2596
Email Address: pidaycare@chartermi.net
Hours of Operation: 7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Capacity: 6 children
Center Based:
Home Based: home
License Number: DF410041103
Age Groups: 0 - 6
Description/Special Services:
A literacy enriched environment that prepares children for kindergarten and makes learning fun! Letters, numbers, shapes, colors, themes, phonics, Spanish & Sign Language, singing and rhyming, art, outdoor fun & more!
missnikki 07:20 AM 04-14-2010
Those are all good ideas. I was also thinking- depending on your budget, you could:
-Have a sticker/magnet made for your car(s)
-Make a tshirt (use transfer sheets and a printer) to wear out on the town
-Have business cards made (you can also do your own on a printer)
-Offer referral bonus for your current clients (1 week free or free registration or whatever if they get a friend to sign up)
-call infant centers and set up cross-referrals since you don't offer infant care
-advertise at local college
-anytime you go for a walk with a stroller, have your business logo on it somewhere

Most of these ideas require you to design a logo for your business. I'd definitely start by coming up with that, and throw it on everything you can think of. Saturate your area with it.
grandmom 07:42 AM 04-14-2010
I'll tell you what DIDN'T work for me. Signs.

I had professional signs made (like the "vote for me" signs).
That was a $1,000 mistake. Got some calls, not a single customer.

Other suggestions for you:
Contact the local MOMs or MOPS club
church receptionist
offer a gift card to existing parents who refer a customer (they get the gift card after the new child starts)
local child care association members

Where I get most of my referrals:
Other providers. They also get a gift card once a child starts.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:35 AM 04-14-2010
tell EVERYONE you have walking babies and up openings. I mean everyone! your dentist, your childs dentist, dry cleaner, neighborhood doughnut store, school secretary, lawn care people who work in your neighborhood. Your mail carrier, your ups man, the starbucks people, Big lots cashier, orkin man, (arab in my case) pediatrician, their nurse and the walgreens cashier. Hairstyler, beer delivery guy for the place your dh gets used veg oil to make diesel fuel for your truck, The man at Lowes who helped you find the right wire for an outlet, The guy who put up the tent for your cousins wedding reception, Church nursery worker (I just listed all the parents I have in my childcare)
Michael 02:11 PM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Company/Business Name: Pine Island Daycare & Preschool
User Name: pidaycare
Street Address: 772 kornoelje n.e.
City: Comstock Park
State: Michigan
Zip Code: 49321
You are listed. Good luck.
https://www.daycare.com/php/showlist...D=00155606&p=1

https://www.daycare.com/php/searchli...9321&area_code=
DBug 09:57 AM 04-15-2010
I noticed you've listed your age group as 0-6. It may have been an oversight for the daycare.com listing, but is there any chance you've advertised it like that elsewhere? Infant spots tend to be hard to come by, so those parents may be jumping at the chance that you'll take them. What about specifically listing your ages as 18 months to 6 years (or whatever) so that it's in black and white for parents to see? It may even be an advantage from some parents' point of view.
Michael 02:53 PM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by DBug:
I noticed you've listed your age group as 0-6. It may have been an oversight for the daycare.com listing, but is there any chance you've advertised it like that elsewhere? Infant spots tend to be hard to come by, so those parents may be jumping at the chance that you'll take them. What about specifically listing your ages as 18 months to 6 years (or whatever) so that it's in black and white for parents to see? It may even be an advantage from some parents' point of view.
Good idea. Until we hear back from her we will list it as "Birth - 6 years".
Tags:advertise, craigs list, flyers, newspaper
Reply Up