Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ohio Providers..Where Is Your POS Machine?
Provider_Manda 12:27 PM 09-15-2012
I love the convience of the machine and love not doing billing..But this machine is also a pain in my butt !! I have one place to put it and of course it is right in my living room..It is in the way and the little one's try to push buttons when Im not looking...I just wish I could make that sign in/out area look better !!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 01:14 PM 09-15-2012
I do not have a plug in and a telephone outlet anywhere convient! (like across the room from each other. So, I have to plug it into the telephone outlet when mom logs them in, then I unplug it and same at night. Not convient. But, I love the POS system and the checks just being deposited! So much better than in the old days.
wahmof3 01:27 PM 09-15-2012
I got a small table from home goods, $15. I have it in my entry way and my cords are long enough to plug in the outlet & phone line. The kids try to push the buttons BUT only when their moms are here lol
Blackcat31 06:11 PM 09-15-2012
I am not in Ohio but am still curious...what is a POS machine?
wahmof3 06:16 PM 09-15-2012
It looks like a typically credit card machine that is used for subsidized families to scan in and out for attendance and payment processing. Ohio went to these machines August of 2011 instead of paper records for county low income benefits.
Provider_Manda 06:17 PM 09-15-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I am not in Ohio but am still curious...what is a POS machine?
We now have a card swipe machine (POS) and that is what all county assisted child care parents have to check the child/children in and out. Where we once done billing at the end of every month..We now get paid weekly w/o having to do paperwork !!

There are great and I love not doing paperwork..but the machine is a reg. size credit card swipe machine so you have to have it plugged in and with a phone cord..SO makes it hard to find a great spot to put it since you need the phone line.
Blackcat31 06:27 PM 09-15-2012
Originally Posted by wahmof3:
It looks like a typically credit card machine that is used for subsidized families to scan in and out for attendance and payment processing. Ohio went to these machines August of 2011 instead of paper records for county low income benefits.
Originally Posted by Provider_Manda:
We now have a card swipe machine (POS) and that is what all county assisted child care parents have to check the child/children in and out. Where we once done billing at the end of every month..We now get paid weekly w/o having to do paperwork !!

There are great and I love not doing paperwork..but the machine is a reg. size credit card swipe machine so you have to have it plugged in and with a phone cord..SO makes it hard to find a great spot to put it since you need the phone line.
Sounds like it is worth the hassle though of not having to do paper work so cool!

I wish we had something like this in place. I don't take the subsidy kids anymore (well I don't have any right now) but that system sure would have been nice!
Crazy8 07:22 PM 09-15-2012
Originally Posted by Provider_Manda:

oh, that would drive me INSANE!!!! I had to have a phone jack installed in my family room when I moved to this house because they only had ONE phone jack in the entire downstairs of the house and it was on the kitchen wall. Seriously, there was NO phone jack in the 2 "living" rooms or the dining room on the main level - and the house wasn't new construction so I have no idea how the former people lived here!!!!

Anyway, I would probably eat the expense (write off?) of having a phone jack installed in my front entry, or wherever your dcp's come in, if I had this type of machine.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 07:32 AM 09-16-2012
And they do not mount conviently to a wall. They have to sit somewhere. And we are responsible for the machine if it gets broken.
So I plug in she swipes, I unplug and put away. My parents enter directly into my playroom.

But, the perks of no invoices- awesome and so worth it!
dave4him 08:25 AM 09-16-2012
laundry room
Tags:billing
Reply Up