Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCM that lost her job: Update
Brooksie 04:11 PM 09-08-2013
I got a text yesterday around 11 giving me and update on sick dcb. Then she proceeded to very regrettably withdraw her children from my care. She was heartbroken and she was hoping I could hold her infant spot but I told her I just couldn't afford too. I put her at the top of the list for the next available infant opening and she was thankful for that. I gave her a break on the one months notice fee because of the financial distress she is in and am just requiring her to pay me for last week and the late fee. I knew I could fill the spot..

Made one phone call and less than 3 hours later I filled that spot with an infant that used to be with us but was pulled because of a job situation too. Same thing, she wanted the next open position and she jumped at the chance to get new/old dcb back into care here. They just left and signed a new contract. He starts next Monday full time. This little boy was my absolute favorite. I had him since he was 3 months and he left at 6. He is now 9 months and has changed so much! I cant wait to have him back (this is also my favorite DC family of all time)

Shew.... Its been a whirlwind of a weekend. A lot of changes coming our way. Hoping that the change in dynamic will be good for us, since I've been feeling pretty run down with the crew I had. Wish me luck with the upcoming changes!
Familycare71 04:48 PM 09-08-2013
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
I got a text yesterday around 11 giving me and update on sick dcb. Then she proceeded to very regrettably withdraw her children from my care. She was heartbroken and she was hoping I could hold her infant spot but I told her I just couldn't afford too. I put her at the top of the list for the next available infant opening and she was thankful for that. I gave her a break on the one months notice fee because of the financial distress she is in and am just requiring her to pay me for last week and the late fee. I knew I could fill the spot..

Made one phone call and less than 3 hours later I filled that spot with an infant that used to be with us but was pulled because of a job situation too. Same thing, she wanted the next open position and she jumped at the chance to get new/old dcb back into care here. They just left and signed a new contract. He starts next Monday full time. This little boy was my absolute favorite. I had him since he was 3 months and he left at 6. He is now 9 months and has changed so much! I cant wait to have him back (this is also my favorite DC family of all time)

Shew.... Its been a whirlwind of a weekend. A lot of changes coming our way. Hoping that the change in dynamic will be good for us, since I've been feeling pretty run down with the crew I had. Wish me luck with the upcoming changes!
Yay! Glad you got your boy back. And that was very nice of you to give a break to the dcm.
I think change must be in the air! My new group exhausts me too and I am adding a school ager and then poss a one yr old to the mix! hope your group is great!
Brooksie 04:55 PM 09-08-2013
Originally Posted by Familycare71:
Yay! Glad you got your boy back. And that was very nice of you to give a break to the dcm.
I think change must be in the air! My new group exhausts me too and I am adding a school ager and then poss a one yr old to the mix! hope your group is great!
Thanks! Yours too!
MotherNature 05:37 AM 09-09-2013
Congratulations on getting your favourite back! That always makes the day better.
countrymom 06:58 AM 09-09-2013
thats awesome. Thats great when you you can start calling people from "a list"
Reply Up