Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Have A DIY Thought For These?
thetoddlerwhisper 11:09 AM 12-13-2013
http://www.amazon.com/GuideCraft-G30...ref=pd_sim_t_5

Shell 11:27 AM 12-13-2013
Maybe contact paper with sprinkles (or whatever you call them in different parts of the country), or those tiny beads depending on the age of the kids you have? I bet my dh could make the blocks, but it looks like it would be a lot of work, and easier to buy?
thetoddlerwhisper 11:32 AM 12-13-2013
Originally Posted by mrsmichelle:
Maybe contact paper with sprinkles (or whatever you call them in different parts of the country), or those tiny beads depending on the age of the kids you have? I bet my dh could make the blocks, but it looks like it would be a lot of work, and easier to buy?
thats what i figured. my sweetie is making some new stuff for my room and was hoping to include these or something similar.....
sharlan 11:35 AM 12-13-2013
I have no idea on how to make them, but I keep looking at them to buy. I really want them.
thetoddlerwhisper 11:37 AM 12-13-2013
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I have no idea on how to make them, but I keep looking at them to buy. I really want them.
i have a huge wishlist on my pinterest and these are on there along with there liquid counterparts and the mirror ones
MrsSteinel'sHouse 11:46 AM 12-13-2013
You would need to use plexiglass. They would be work- routing out for the plexiglass and I would probably put silicone caulk to hold it.
MamaBearCanada 11:51 AM 12-13-2013
Could you make them out of small shadow boxes superglued shut? You might only be able to see one side though. And I don't know if you can get plastic not glass covers with those.
Blackcat31 11:52 AM 12-13-2013
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I have them. They are a pain in the butt.

I love them, the kids just throw them or try and stand on them or lick the plexiglass

IME, I've found most things I think are super cool are of very little interest to the kids.

Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse:
You would need to use plexiglass. They would be work- routing out for the plexiglass and I would probably put silicone caulk to hold it.
I tried talking DH into making them because of the cost but he said, if you actually went out and bought the materials, you'd have three times the amount of money into them as they cost.

I suppose because the folks that make them, do so via mass production, the costs are less.

I did find them on sale though for around $15 in one of the sale flyers Constructive Playthings puts out.
Cradle2crayons 02:36 PM 12-13-2013
Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse:
My husband made something similar for my daughter when she was little.

He bought some thin flexible type of wood... Used a router to make the grooves... And used plexiglass.. We out pony beads and all types of stuff on the inside...
Laurel 05:04 PM 12-13-2013
No but you could look for used ones on ebay or somewhere.

Our area has a toy library operated by our resource and referral agency. You can check out toys like you can check out books at a library. I would request they order them. If you have one of those, that might be an idea.

Laurel
thetoddlerwhisper 07:22 PM 12-13-2013
Originally Posted by Laurel:
No but you could look for used ones on ebay or somewhere.

Our area has a toy library operated by our resource and referral agency. You can check out toys like you can check out books at a library. I would request they order them. If you have one of those, that might be an idea.

Laurel
i'll contact our state lady monday and ask
Reply Up