Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ad For Needed Childcare
Country Kids 09:37 PM 10-02-2011
We require references, interview at your house, and a background check. No smoking please. If at your house we would like a background check on everyone that lives in the house (over 18) and will require meeting everyone in the house. We need someone that is comfortable with us stopping in once, twice, three-10 times a day at anytime to visit without notice. We also would like advance notice if you will be leaving our child with someone else that we have met or if you will be taking our child anywhere in a car that we did not already know about.

I apologize that this is so extreme, but if you have ever looked for childcare for your own baby you know how we feel.
Pay is negotiable and we will always be prompt on picking up and paying. We can provide everything needed if you may not pack-n-play, toys etc. for a baby.

I do not understand how they have time to work if they are constantly going to be dropping in to check up on you and the child. I think there was a part that said child was 1.5 years. I definetly know this wouldn't be the couple or child for me! Seriously, pay is negotiable? Also, it said that hours would be 8-5. Very full-time so they will probably pay a pretty penny for childcare!
Meyou 04:20 AM 10-03-2011
Hahaha! First time parents are so adorable at times.

It sounds like they are super nervous about leaving their child in care and just want to make sure that if they wanted to they could drop in. Personally I would allow one dropin with their child sent home with them. I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't last long if they had to take them with them everytime they dropped in.

I tell parents at my interview now that although they can pick up at anytime they can't visit and leave because it's mean. I don't see any point in sugar coating it. Mama wants to come to visit for Mama's sake, not her child's. Anyone who thinks coming to say hi and then leaving them for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time that day is a good idea has NOT thought it through from a toddler's perspective.
nannyde 05:34 AM 10-03-2011
My fees include one arrival... one departure... per parent... per child.. per day.

She can pop in any time she wants but she would need to take the child with her as her one departure per day.

Time for them to fork over for a nanny and put in some web cams so she can get her "my child" on all day every day.
Nellie 06:32 AM 10-03-2011
Almost always get a kick out of reading on Craigslist in the "Childcare Needed" categories. Ad almost always starts out wanting some one with a early childhood degree, all the personal nanny things they want you to do with them and take them on all sorts of weekly/daily field trips provided in your transportation. Then last sentence in ad is "Don't have alot of money; We are broke; "We don't have a lot of money but we can work that out when we find the right person." "We are poor, but someone who truly loves working with children won't mind little pay." ect. Always get a kick out of that.
harperluu 06:43 AM 10-03-2011
I actually find this to be fairly reasonable, if you read between the lines. They are looking for a nanny but are considering allowing a nanny to care for the child in her own home. They want the heads up if the child will be left with the neighbor or friend that stops by. Reasonable. They are offering up a particular rate that they are willing to negotiate depending on whether they think you're the right fit. They may come home on and off throughout the day depending on their job. They reserve the right to do this if that's how their schedule works. They also want to be able to stop in anytime, which basically describes an open door policy. This will provide them peace-of-mind they've made the right choice. Reasonable.

As far as the background check, everyone in my household over the age of 13 is backgrounded. Anytime I would leave my own child in the care of someone else in any sort of official capacity I would want to know they've been background checked. Coaches, teachers, Girl Scout leader. Reasonable. Completely reasonable.
Tags:advertise
Reply Up