Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Offering Discount for FT?
TwinKristi 01:52 PM 12-01-2013
Ok, I an faced with a dilemma after the New Year. After Jan i will only have 2 daycare kids, one SA after school and I have 1 boy contracted to come 3 days, T-W-Th. Lately he's been coming Monday and Friday on a drop-in basis. The up side is I have someone here usually 5 days a week but the down side is I never really know until the day before. I get the same rate so it's not really a problem for me, but it's kinda hard not knowing if I have that money coming in or not.

I was considering offering her a discount if she commits to 5 days a week and pays it every 2wks. Currently they pay for the 3 days in advance but the 2 others are paid on that day. Sometimes, since they don't usually come until Tues, I don't get paid for Monday until Tuesday at the end of the day. There's a mom and grandma that do both drop off and pickup and I really never know who's coming. I don't really mind this, except mom pays for the contracted 3 days and grandma usually pays the extra 2 days. Plus, I'm not sure grandma realizes this but I can't split the amounts between the two for taxes so only mom gets them, so it benefits them to have grandma pay mom and mom pay me. So anyway, do I offer a discount of perhaps $3-5/day to go FT and pay all at once or just make an extra $60-100 /mo and just jeep going this way or of course demand that they pay. I know mom can't really afford to just pay it which is why grandma offered to watch him and pays me to do it instead since she's been working so much lately and because he does so well here.

I must add that I'm not in any position to demand things and risk losing the $300+ extra (plus food program!) it is watching him on these extra 2 days currently. I am trying to fill these spots but am having a really hard time right now. I have 2 interviews recently but I won't know about those for a week or more and they don't start til late Jan - early Feb.
JoseyJo 03:40 PM 12-01-2013
I would offer them the position FT, it wouldn't hurt to ask!
itlw8 05:23 PM 12-01-2013
Have you not set your f/t rate??? it sounds like you have not exactly done that. did you figure a f/t rate and then divide by 5 to get your daily rate ??? If so do nOT give a discount for f/t

What I hope you did is set your f/t rate then divide it by 5 and add some to get your daily rate. my p/t is 3 set days. if I took that rate and added a 4th day it is the same as my f/t rate.

Less work is worth more money.
spinnymarie 06:48 AM 12-02-2013
I would offer - and include the info about the taxes.

TwinKristi 09:39 AM 12-02-2013
Originally Posted by itlw8:
Have you not set your f/t rate??? it sounds like you have not exactly done that. did you figure a f/t rate and then divide by 5 to get your daily rate ??? If so do nOT give a discount for f/t

What I hope you did is set your f/t rate then divide it by 5 and add some to get your daily rate. my p/t is 3 set days. if I took that rate and added a 4th day it is the same as my f/t rate.

Less work is worth more money.
I base my rate on how many days they need per week and charge a daily rate. So since they're here 3 days a week I charge a lesser rare than I would if he was here 2 days a week. I typically don't offer a discount for more than 3 days. It's either 2 days at a higher rate or 3+ days at a lesser rate by $5/day. I can't justify offering a $5/day discount because that's $100/mo but I was thinking of offering like $3/day which would be $15/wk or $60/mo.

Sigh... I don't know... I would like to offer this but I'm just not sure. As it is they're fine paying the full rate and bringing him 5 days a week anyway. I just never know!
itlw8 12:16 PM 12-02-2013
so really it is an 8 discount rates are too low here to do that for me but if you are in an area that you charge $150 or higher then maybe so. But will you be willing to charge that for other f/t people?
TwinKristi 01:06 PM 12-02-2013
Originally Posted by itlw8:
so really it is an 8 discount rates are too low here to do that for me but if you are in an area that you charge $150 or higher then maybe so. But will you be willing to charge that for other f/t people?
Yeah, I charge them $45/day now and would offer $42/day at 5 days a week. So $210/wk instead of $225/wk. And I currently don't have any other FT kids which is why I'm willing to do this and if I do get more FT kids I would be charging $50/day or $45/day at the least for 5 days for a child over 2.
Tags:discount, full time, fulltime discount
Reply Up