Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why Can't I get Full Time Children?
JeepGirl6 11:26 AM 05-22-2012
Out of the 3.5 years I have been doing this I have never had a straight Monday-Friday 7-4,8-5 child.....What am I doing wrong???Everyone always wants part time 2-3 days a week!
Blackcat31 11:48 AM 05-22-2012
I am pretty sure YOU aren't doing anything wrong....it is just that daycare costs ARE expensive and if parents can find someone to help out a couple days a week for free you can bet they are doing it. Plus, a lot of jobs are not straight Monday-Friday and are full time over the full 7 day week too so I am sure that is a big part of it as well.

Just keep trying. I would however, make sure your rates for those 2,3, and 4 day weeks are much more expensive than full time care. That way you are at least making good money for the days you do work.

If it makes you feel any better, I was in business for more than 10 years before I became full up with ONLY full time families. Now I keep half my slots available to part timers and make two times the amount for a shared part time space versus what I make for the space if it was filled with one part timer. So something to think about anyways.

Either way, hang in there and things will work out....just keep the faith!
wdmmom 11:56 AM 05-22-2012
Try advertising FULL TIME spots only.

Full time takes presidence over part time

I also changed the way I do part time. I set a minimum of $100 a week regardless of their needs. They can use up to 3 9 hour days or 5 5 hour days.
Tags:full time, part time to full time
Reply Up