Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>For Those Of You Who Wear Uniforms
ardeur 06:35 PM 06-27-2017
I have had to wear uniforms in the past for school and various jobs. Personally, I've always liked it. I spent the past year of my daycare wearing whatever I want and that hasn't worked out well for me. I need to simplify my mornings. I also haven't updated my wardrobe since giving birth so that's another reason why my clothes aren't working out well for me. haha

So for those of you who wear uniforms can you point me to something that has worked out for you?

I DON'T wear jeans, non-stretchy dress pants, or skirts/dresses. I am forever bending, kneeling, and getting on the floor. So has anyone found a stretchy, comfort-waist, scrubs-like pants? Or maybe I could commit to yoga pants but I'm fearful that it'll look too much like my relaxed house-wife wear that I'm trying to get away from.

I also want a nice shirt or blouse but not a restricting button down blouse that I'd wear in an office. I do love aprons, too.
Reply
flying_babyb 07:23 PM 06-27-2017
These
https://www.target.com/p/women-s-hig...elect=50248708
which are like yoga pants but seem to be more like leggings. On top, whatever covered with a button up scrub top.
Reply
bklsmum 08:16 PM 06-27-2017
Why not just wear scrubs? I am transitioning to that and I really like them.
Reply
Leigh 10:36 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by ardeur:
I have had to wear uniforms in the past for school and various jobs. Personally, I've always liked it. I spent the past year of my daycare wearing whatever I want and that hasn't worked out well for me. I need to simplify my mornings. I also haven't updated my wardrobe since giving birth so that's another reason why my clothes aren't working out well for me. haha

So for those of you who wear uniforms can you point me to something that has worked out for you?

I DON'T wear jeans, non-stretchy dress pants, or skirts/dresses. I am forever bending, kneeling, and getting on the floor. So has anyone found a stretchy, comfort-waist, scrubs-like pants? Or maybe I could commit to yoga pants but I'm fearful that it'll look too much like my relaxed house-wife wear that I'm trying to get away from.

I also want a nice shirt or blouse but not a restricting button down blouse that I'd wear in an office. I do love aprons, too.
LuLaRoe is my uniform. I wear it every day at daycare. The leggings are more comfortable than wearing NO clothes! I can comfortably participate in a dance party, yoga session, or crawling around on the floor. I buy solid LLR tops in colors that match the majority of my leggings. I, BTW, do NOT have a body shape for leggings, but the LLR tops are very forgiving and cover up my lumps and bumps! I am in a group for consultants going out of business, and buy a majority of my LLR clothes for 40%-50% off (some as much as 80% off!).
Reply
DaveA 05:43 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by bklsmum:
Why not just wear scrubs? I am transitioning to that and I really like them.
That was my thought. I'm in jeans or jean shorts most days, but I know they make a ton of different scrubs that really look nice and are practical/ comfortable to wear.
Reply
trix23 07:54 AM 06-28-2017
I have embroidered polos and wear whatever until i can buy khaki shorts/capris
Reply
daycarediva 08:04 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
LuLaRoe is my uniform. I wear it every day at daycare. The leggings are more comfortable than wearing NO clothes! I can comfortably participate in a dance party, yoga session, or crawling around on the floor. I buy solid LLR tops in colors that match the majority of my leggings. I, BTW, do NOT have a body shape for leggings, but the LLR tops are very forgiving and cover up my lumps and bumps! I am in a group for consultants going out of business, and buy a majority of my LLR clothes for 40%-50% off (some as much as 80% off!).

um, HOW?! HELP ME. I have lula leggings in basic colors and one (basic color) tee, and one of the baseball style tshirts, and I'm hooked. I'm NOT loving the prints though. Too funky for me. What kills me is the cost. They're really pricey full price!

OP, I wear nice yoga pants and my daycare name shirts most days. Hair is done up in a pony, and I wear minimal makeup. Sometimes I wear jeans, or maxi dresses/skirts. Nothing too formal, as I get dirty, daily.
Reply
AmyKidsCo 08:30 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
LuLaRoe is my uniform. I wear it every day at daycare. The leggings are more comfortable than wearing NO clothes! I can comfortably participate in a dance party, yoga session, or crawling around on the floor. I buy solid LLR tops in colors that match the majority of my leggings. I, BTW, do NOT have a body shape for leggings, but the LLR tops are very forgiving and cover up my lumps and bumps! I am in a group for consultants going out of business, and buy a majority of my LLR clothes for 40%-50% off (some as much as 80% off!).
DITTO! I only wish they had short leggings for summer and more styles of top. I can't wear Irmas so I have to wear long sleeve tees under my tops in the winter to keep warm.

Originally Posted by daycarediva:
um, HOW?! HELP ME. I have lula leggings in basic colors and one (basic color) tee, and one of the baseball style tshirts, and I'm hooked. I'm NOT loving the prints though. Too funky for me. What kills me is the cost. They're really pricey full price!

OP, I wear nice yoga pants and my daycare name shirts most days. Hair is done up in a pony, and I wear minimal makeup. Sometimes I wear jeans, or maxi dresses/skirts. Nothing too formal, as I get dirty, daily.
Join the Buy/Sell/Trade groups on Facebook and watch for GOOB (Going out of business). I've bought half my wardrobe used too - lots of people only wear their things once or twice then resell. I've gotten some free things by hosting an online popup with a very generous hostess (check the benefits CLOSELY before agreeing) and gotten things cheap on VarageSale.

Good luck!
Reply
hwichlaz 08:45 AM 06-28-2017
I used to wear pediatric scrubs. LOVED them. So comfy, like pajamas.

Also way too forgiving when you gain weight. I'd go all week wearing scrubs....not noticing I was gaining a few pounds...then suddenly my regular pants were right on Saturday.


I'm probably going back to a uniform though. My thought is stretch khakis (pants or long shorts) and a feminine cut polo shirt. I might even get them embroidered.
Reply
Blackcat31 08:48 AM 06-28-2017
I dress the same for work as I do for any other day.

Capri's, jeans, tees, sweaters, sweatshirts, khaki's, shorts (longer) etc....

For some reason I can not wear leggings in public.
I just can't. and it has nothing to do with body shape or size. (I recently went from a size 12 to a size 4)

I think it has to do with how I was raised....funny how some of your parents' quirks become yours.
Reply
Leigh 09:36 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
um, HOW?! HELP ME. I have lula leggings in basic colors and one (basic color) tee, and one of the baseball style tshirts, and I'm hooked. I'm NOT loving the prints though. Too funky for me. What kills me is the cost. They're really pricey full price!

OP, I wear nice yoga pants and my daycare name shirts most days. Hair is done up in a pony, and I wear minimal makeup. Sometimes I wear jeans, or maxi dresses/skirts. Nothing too formal, as I get dirty, daily.
On Facebook, there is a group called "Leave the Woe" and it is consultants going out of business. HUGE selection and cheap prices. There are MANY groups like this, but this one is big (about 30,000 people). I buy a lot of the funky leggings (the kids LOVE when I wear animal print leggings-like french bulldogs or cheetah print). The only solid leggings I ever wear are black. There are some awesome prints, though, that aren't outrageous. You don't get the BEST selection on these sites (the ones you REALLY want), but you can certainly find something you'd be willing to wear. And, if you like solid leggings, I've seen them on this page for as little as $5 per pair!
Reply
Leigh 09:39 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
DITTO! I only wish they had short leggings for summer and more styles of top. I can't wear Irmas so I have to wear long sleeve tees under my tops in the winter to keep warm.



Join the Buy/Sell/Trade groups on Facebook and watch for GOOB (Going out of business). I've bought half my wardrobe used too - lots of people only wear their things once or twice then resell. I've gotten some free things by hosting an online popup with a very generous hostess (check the benefits CLOSELY before agreeing) and gotten things cheap on VarageSale.

Good luck!
I wish they had the capri length, too! I just pull mine up and turn them into capris: pull the bottom up to just below your knee and fold it over. I love the Irmas, but they're too hot in the summer. I wear Classic Tees in the summer, and Irmas in the winter. If you can't wear the Irma, you might just be wearing the wrong size-I didn't think I could wear it, either, but I tried several sizes and found that I'd just gotten advice to buy too small. The Perfect tees can be good for summer, too, but many have more "unbreathable" materials and feel hot for me (I have adrenal tumors that make me hot ALL THE TIME!).
Reply
Leigh 09:40 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I dress the same for work as I do for any other day.

Capri's, jeans, tees, sweaters, sweatshirts, khaki's, shorts (longer) etc....

For some reason I can not wear leggings in public.
I just can't. and it has nothing to do with body shape or size. (I recently went from a size 12 to a size 4)

I think it has to do with how I was raised....funny how some of your parents' quirks become yours.
I won't go out in public in leggings, either. I put on makeup and dress up to go to the hardware store! At my own home, though, I used to kind of dress up for daycare, but I have reached a point where comfort trumps all else at work, and have been wearing leggings every day for at least a year and am SO happy with that!
Reply
AmyKidsCo 09:59 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I won't go out in public in leggings, either. I put on makeup and dress up to go to the hardware store! At my own home, though, I used to kind of dress up for daycare, but I have reached a point where comfort trumps all else at work, and have been wearing leggings every day for at least a year and am SO happy with that!
I used to be that way, but I've seen so many women who are bigger than me in leggings with a short top that I figure I'm OK in my long tops that cover everything.
Reply
Leigh 10:35 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
I used to be that way, but I've seen so many women who are bigger than me in leggings with a short top that I figure I'm OK in my long tops that cover everything.
I've seen women many sizes larger than me in leggings in public and they look GOOD. I just don't feel like I do. I feel like I am wearing my PJ's (because they're more comfortable than PJ's!). I don't get many opportunities to dress up, so I tend to take every chance I get to wear makeup and my fancy clothes!
Reply
Tags:uniform
Reply Up