Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kidkare
MarinaVanessa 09:54 AM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
All of my invoices are messed up this morning. Paid invoices marked unpaid, clients missing and *bonus!* emails sent to my clients setting them off early this AM. Thanks KidKare. Feeling the love.
Thank you for this comment. I just checked mine and I have invoices that are now marked as unpaid too
MarinaVanessa 10:10 AM 10-30-2017
Here is what's on their Customer Support Portal about the wonky invoices and outage.

Over the weekend we updated our entire infrastructure. This update was critical for providing a more scalable and reliable environment for customer data. Our data structures, hardware, and physical location of servers were updated during this time. In moving all the data into the new environment we had some anomalies. We want you to know we have not suffered a data loss. All customer data has been retained, the anomalies we are seeing are due to an issue that occurred during the data migration.

Once again, no data has been lost. You may have seen incorrect data, or data that was not visible. This problem is currently being addressed and the complete resolution will happen within approximately 48 hours.

We are currently restoring the data back to Friday evening before the update, which has the most accurate data available. All data you currently see will be correct from that Friday evening state.

Any changes or data entries you have made after Friday will be restored within the next 48 hours. If you have created invoices or added expenses, you will see that data after 48 hours, or once our full data restore has been completed.

We have been receiving a high volume of questions regarding invoices and auto-pay. Auto-pay batches, including recurring invoices, are processed first at 4am, and again at 11am to reconcile any transactions that did not process from the first batch. We have disabled auto pay for today after the 4am batch as a precautionary measure to prevent discrepancies in data entries. This measure should not impact you, but you may temporarily see incorrect data until the full data restore is complete.

Although we had limited information available over the weekend while the outage was being diagnosed, we encourage you to follow us on social media or keep watching our blog for more updates.

Our entire development and support team have been working over the weekend and through the night to get this issue resolved. The support tickets, emails, calls, messages, and comments on social media are not going unheard. We understand your frustration and do not take any outage lightly. We are also working diligently to prevent future outages and improve communication.
We thank you for your patience and hope to have this issue resolved as soon as we possibly can.

Thank you,
The Minute Menu Team

sharlan 10:26 AM 10-30-2017
Wait a minute, I hope I'm misunderstanding this ........

My food program has access to all my financial information on KK such as parent payments, expenses, mileage, etc?
MarinaVanessa 10:36 AM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Wait a minute, I hope I'm misunderstanding this ........

My food program has access to all my financial information on KK such as parent payments, expenses, mileage, etc?
That's what it's looking like. I'm not on the food program but many of the providers that I know are. I submitted a ticket to KK asking about it (since I don't have a FP sponsor) but I'm thinking of calling our food program to ask anyway just to see.
Blackcat31 10:44 AM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:

Thank you,
The Minute Menu Team
Wonder why they are signing off as Minute Menu Team?

I thought the entire Minute Menu software was gone/poof?
Shouldn't they be signing off as KidKare?

I was under the understanding that MM's developer (Skyhill software) wasn't even the same people as KidKare so now I'm doubly confused.
MarinaVanessa 10:56 AM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Wonder why they are signing off as Minute Menu Team?

I thought the entire Minute Menu software was gone/poof?
Shouldn't they be signing off as KidKare?

I was under the understanding that MM's developer (Skyhill software) wasn't even the same people as KidKare so now I'm doubly confused.
I think, but don't quote me, that MMK was bought out???
So all new staff, different program but maybe they're keeping the company name because consumers tend to be loyal to brands/names they know ... just a guess but it makes sense
MommyD 11:30 AM 10-30-2017
Hi all,

I have been absent for about 5 years. Things are going pretty well around here. I popped in today to see if there was any KidKare chatter. Yesterday was the day for auto-invoices to be sent out. I got a message from a parent today telling me she got an invoice from someone else. It was from a child care in another state, which included tax ID number, name and address of provider and parent, as well as child's name!! I touched base with my other family and they also received the wrong invoice for a different child care in a different state!!
KidKare says they are "restoring data", but this feels like a pretty significant mess up and there is no info on this aspect of their screw up!! Anyone else experience this part of their issues?
Cat Herder 11:33 AM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by MommyD:
Hi all,

I have been absent for about 5 years. Things are going pretty well around here. I popped in today to see if there was any KidKare chatter. Yesterday was the day for auto-invoices to be sent out. I got a message from a parent today telling me she got an invoice from someone else. It was from a child care in another state, which included tax ID number, name and address of provider and parent, as well as child's name!! I touched base with my other family and they also received the wrong invoice for a different child care in a different state!!
KidKare says they are "restoring data", but this feels like a pretty significant mess up and there is no info on this aspect of their screw up!! Anyone else experience this part of their issues?
Great.

That should inspire confidence in my clients.
Unregistered 11:42 AM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I think, but don't quote me, that MMK was bought out???
So all new staff, different program but maybe they're keeping the company name because consumers tend to be loyal to brands/names they know ... just a guess but it makes sense
Minute Menu (the company) is still run by the same family that built the company. Back in April it was announced (MM facebook and their blog) they had an investor group come on board and the founder was going to retire. But the same support team that I have work with through issues is still there (I work for a FP that has used MM for over a decade, I am not posting in an official capacity).

So while their new application is called KidKare the company name is still Minute Menu. WebKids, Minute Menu Kids, Minute Menu Kids Pro were all retired as of October 1st.

The best advice I can give is keep submitting tickets and calling with your concerns or issues. They may not be addressed right away but they need to hear. Our FP and several that we talk to are doing the same thing. But right now it seems, with the transition (to KK and the new meal pattern), MM is triaging the bigger things that affect getting claims submitted/processed (just my observation, I'm not saying other things are not also important). -L
Rainbow 12:35 PM 10-30-2017
I've had the same issues as everyone else since the update over the weekend. Invoices marked as unpaid that I know were already paid, plus one family's invoice just went *poof* and disappeared! It was there yesterday, but gone this morning. Dcp said it was paid over the weekend, but I have no way of knowing until it hopefully shows up in my bank account!
MarinaVanessa 12:48 PM 10-30-2017
Hi all,

I got a message from a parent today telling me she got an invoice from someone else. It was from a child care in another state, which included tax ID number, name and address of provider and parent, as well as child's name!! I touched base with my other family and they also received the wrong invoice for a different child care in a different state!!
Fantastic . This is seriously a HUGE issue.
Please make sure you contact KidKare and submit a ticket through their customer portal. They need to hear this issue. Giving out personal information like that is NOT OKAY!

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Minute Menu (the company) is still run by the same family that built the company. Back in April it was announced (MM facebook and their blog) they had an investor group come on board and the founder was going to retire. But the same support team that I have work with through issues is still there (I work for a FP that has used MM for over a decade, I am not posting in an official capacity).

So while their new application is called KidKare the company name is still Minute Menu. WebKids, Minute Menu Kids, Minute Menu Kids Pro were all retired as of October 1st.

The best advice I can give is keep submitting tickets and calling with your concerns or issues. They may not be addressed right away but they need to hear. Our FP and several that we talk to are doing the same thing. But right now it seems, with the transition (to KK and the new meal pattern), MM is triaging the bigger things that affect getting claims submitted/processed (just my observation, I'm not saying other things are not also important). -L
I definitely submitted a ticket for each of my issues.

I contacted KidKare through the support portal and this was their response.
Attached: KidKare.png (177.2 KB) 
MommyD 01:02 PM 10-30-2017
I most definitely made a ticket for this! My parents feel violated!! Me too!!
MarinaVanessa 01:19 PM 10-30-2017
I most definitely made a ticket for this! My parents feel violated!! Me too!!
I tried wanting to be told what they're doing about this but now I can't submit a ticket
sharlan 01:22 PM 10-30-2017
All of my invoices are showing unpaid for last week plus a couple from the week before.
MarinaVanessa 01:36 PM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:

They pretty much said as much. Here was their response ..
Minute Menu is a company name and we offer several products including Minute Menu Kids and KidKare. We are in the process of phasing out Minute Menu Kids and moving all of its users over to our new web application, KidKare.

With the issues over the weekend we elected to create a response message from our company brand since it had an effect on several of our software products. This was the fastest way to get messaging out this morning.

We now have messages up on the KidKare facebook page and help site at help.kidkare.com.

SnowGirl 01:43 PM 10-30-2017
I logged on today and saw ten children I don't know, none of my children, and the provider info was for someone in CA (I'm in CO). I submitted a ticket and they responded that they didn't see the issue

I sent them screenshots so they can't deny the issue. Argh! This is my first day on KidKare. I just registered my families this morning!
Mom2Two 09:28 PM 10-30-2017
I used to work for a company that developed educational software, and this sort of release is unbelievable. These type of problems are like what you'd find when you send the first iteration to the software testing teams. It's not even beta level, imo. It's pretty awful.
Mom2Two 12:59 PM 10-31-2017
But on the bright side...all the time we spend sorting out Kidkare goes to our t/s %, right? he he
Tags:kidkare, kidkare issues, minute menu
1 2
Reply Up