Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Morning Activities
originalkat 06:16 AM 12-17-2009
I have been having a problem with the kids choosing LOUD toys to play with when they get to my house in the early morning. I really dont want them waking my kids up who are still sleeping (usually till 8am). So from 7 to 8 I was thinking of having a "morning box" with quiet choices for the kids to do. What do you do for morning hours to keep the noise down?
GretasLittleFriends 06:44 AM 12-17-2009
I don't usually have a lot of kids in the morning, so I don't have this exact issue, however, my afternoons can be nightmarish. Mondays and Tuesdays I have two preschoolers, a kindergartner and a first grader all get off the bus full of energy and noise. My toddlers are still usually sleeping at 3:15. I do put all the noisy toys away (in one of the sleeping rooms) ahead of nap time, then I have books, quiet games like candy land, and coloring available. Sometimes I close the curtains and make them all sit on the couch and watch a 1/2 hour movie to calm them down while I get their afternoon snack ready. While they're eating snack the little ones are waking up and getting changed, then getting their snacks. This has worked fairly well the last two weeks.
jen 06:55 AM 12-17-2009
We have quiet time in the morning until 8am. Everyone stays at the kitchen table and colors or may lay on the couch/floor and read a book. On rare occassion I will let them sit in my sons room and watch cartoons...however, if they start getting squirrely then they are right back to kitchen table.
momma2girls 08:35 AM 12-17-2009
I have a movie/tv time til everyone arrives, and children leave for school, etc. it works out great!!!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 08:55 AM 12-17-2009
At our house it is quiet time until 7. By 7 everyone is up getting ready for school, work. My first gets here between 430 and 5 am and she lays on her cot and snoozes until 630 or so. By 730 I usually have everyone here for the day.
gbcc 10:20 AM 12-17-2009
Oh, the last month or so has been aweful here. I mean enough to make me want to go back to work! They were running around the house, breaking toys, throwing things. Just complete lack of respect for me, my home and my rules. I sat them all down and told them until they learned respect there were going to be some changes. Now they all have to come in and do a quiet activity. They have the option of puzzles, coloring, or reading. When the weather is nice they may go outside. We have been doing this for 2 wks now. When they think I'm not looking they will get up and try to run around. This is when I become babysitter instead of childcare provider I tell them and they are not allowed to leave my sight.
Tags:loud, noisy, toys
Reply Up