Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Closing My Daycare... How Do I Tell Parents?
pfund2233 12:36 PM 04-30-2012
I have accepted an offer for a different job and am so excited!! How do I tell parent's I'm closing my daycare and moving on after only 2 years (almost to the date) with out them thinking it was them or their children. As I love these kids like my own and have had 2 out of the 3 since they were 6weeks old. I have no clue what to say... help a girl out PLEASE!!!!
dave4him 12:39 PM 04-30-2012
Like a resignation letter only more personal
Meeko 01:00 PM 04-30-2012
Just tell them that you have loved caring for their children and getting to know them all, but that a wonderful opportunity has come your way and you have decided to take it for the good of your own family.

Your last day of day care will be ## date.

Some may be sad to see you go, but nobody in their right mind can be upset that you are moving on to better things for your family. It what we all want.
Springdaze 01:01 PM 04-30-2012
I would not worry about what they think. You have to do what you have to do. They might be upset but they will find someone else and you will be a happy memory for them and their kids.
Christian Mother 01:09 PM 04-30-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Just tell them that you have loved caring for their children and getting to know them all, but that a wonderful opportunity has come your way and you have decided to take it for the good of your own family.

Your last day of day care will be ## date.

Some may be sad to see you go, but nobody in their right mind can be upset that you are moving on to better things for your family. It what we all want.
I agree,...it's hard not to worry how the parents react to telling them that you have decided to stop doing daycare. I had to also do that with my daycare parents and the reactions varied...I can tell you though that each family although was sad to see me go...they understood completely and wished the best or me and my family.

My circumstances where a little diff. my husband lost his job and he got a awesome job opportunity out of town. During the time my husband was looking which was in town and also out...the parents knew all of this and I let them know I would understand if they looked else where for daycare but that I couldn't promise anything as if he got a good job out of town we would need to relocate and they where wonderful but heart broken. It's hard you want to prepare the parents and you want to do everything in your being to make sure there ok in the transition but you have to do everything you can for your family and allow the other families to take care of them selves. It's really hard...I know...
pfund2233 01:09 PM 04-30-2012
I'm sobbing as I'm writting this letter... holy moly. Didn't realize just what these kids and their families mean to me.
Michael 04:39 PM 04-30-2012
ou miight find some good ideas in these closing letters: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...closing+letter
emosks 11:57 AM 05-01-2012
Here is what I sent:

It is with much regret that I am writing this email to let you know officially that *** *** Child Care will be closing in July 2012. Both of us, myself and ***, are ready to move on to the next chapter of our lives. We have truly enjoyed being a part of your family and caring for your child(ren) over the last 3+ years.

While we hope that you stay with us as your childcare provider until the official closing date...we completely understand if you choose to find care earlier. All we ask is that you still honor the two week notice as stated in your contract. Your deposit paid at the beginning of care will cover (at least part of depending on if you increased or not) your last week of care with *** *** Child Care.

As of right now, the last week we will be open will be the week of July 23rd. As a reminder, your vacation time (if you have not used it yet for your current contract year) cannot be used the final two weeks of care. I know how hard it is to find quality child care which is why I have decided to inform you now rather than 4-6 weeks before closing.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me tonight or talk tomorrow at pick up/drop off. It is just such a hectic time to talk then with children coming and going I chose to send an email instead. Also, please refrain from putting anything on Facebook or any mutual message boards until I know that all of the parents have been notified.

This has been a very hard decision for us and we thank you all for your loyalty and kindness.

Fondly,

Tags:closing letter
Reply Up