Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>I Have A Few Problems And Need A Providers Point Of View
jenheu2006 04:37 PM 07-24-2012
I am a mother of a 4 year old girl. She has ADHD tendensies but doctors where I live wont test her because of her age, she has been through alot in the past year with divorice,family member death, ect. and also has been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. She is a good girl just gets confused sometimes by her emotions. I have recently taken her to a physchologist who is working with her once a week to work through her emotions. I know she has issues, and I am not ignoring them, nor do I ignore the good or bad behaviors. There are consequences for her bad choices. One day last week she was pushing buttons the teacher asked her to go to the office and grabbed her arm to walk her there (that is fine with me) my daughter then started a tantrum. The teacher picked her up in mid tantrum causing my daughter to accidentaly kick the teacher. I came to pick her up after work that day, when the teacher approached me in the parking lot and toldme of this incident. I enforced a punishment at home and the next day she wrote an apology to the teacher and was behaved. I talked to the supervisor and told her that the teacher would not have gotten kicked if she hadnt picked my daughter up in mid tantrum. The day care supervisor said that the teacher did whatever she had to do to "prtotect herself"I asked her if my daughter was being violent, her response was "Well nobut you never know with these kids". I want to pull her out of there but not sure what the regulations are and dont want to hurt my daughter emotionaly by switching. I just dont know what to do. Any advice?
Tags:blackcat, therapist
Up