Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>PD Vacations
boysx5 03:25 AM 06-29-2010
for those of you who take pd vacations do you asked for it up front? I just posted a note on my door today that is a reminder that next week is a pd vacation week. One of families did pay but the other two did not. I don't care if they want to give it to me Friday and date it for next week but I think I should get it before it not when I get back
mac60 03:30 AM 06-29-2010
I wish I got paid vacations, but not in this neck of the woods. Enjoy your vacation though.
Golden Rule 04:23 AM 06-29-2010
I don't think I could get away with it either. Even the big centers here can't...
I did check around, though, as I really could use it since taking in these sibling groups. I just have to decide if losing a weeks pay is worth a week off....

In your shoes I would ask up front. If they knew in advance and agreed to it, they should have already paid.
Crystal 07:50 AM 06-29-2010
Yes, my parents pay up front. If they are scheduled to pay for their two weeks, and I will be gone on vacation one of those weeks, they pay just as they always would. They also usually offer a postdated check for the friday that I will be gone and they are regularly scheduled to pay, although I do not require it.
Lucy 08:33 AM 06-29-2010
I charge a monthly fee. Think of it as a "tuition" I guess. They pay the same amount every month. Doesn't matter if there are 20 weekdays that month or 23. Doesn't matter if there are holidays that month or not. Doesn't matter if I take off a Friday or Monday, have a Doctor appointment one afternoon and they pick up 2 hours early. Doesn't matter if THEY go on vacation for a day or a week, or if I go on vacation for a week. It's still the same monthly amount. They can pay it once a month on the day of their choosing, or they can pay two, three or four installments on the days of their choosing. Either way, it still adds up to that same monthly amount. They know that coming in, so it's never a problem. Even if I have part-timers they pay a monthly amount. It's just less than what the full-timers pay. If they are part-time and their days vary, we just figure out an average amount of time they will be here and charge accordingly. Much easier than keeping track of days and hours and having to do that figuring all the time. And that way I know EXACTLY what my income will be at all times.
katie 10:07 AM 06-29-2010
I gave all parents a sheet recently stating all holidays during the week were paid. I give 2 weeks or 10 business days with no pay. Beyond that they pay half.
MarinaVanessa 10:18 AM 06-29-2010
Originally Posted by boysx5:
for those of you who take pd vacations do you asked for it up front? I just posted a note on my door today that is a reminder that next week is a pd vacation week. One of families did pay but the other two did not. I don't care if they want to give it to me Friday and date it for next week but I think I should get it before it not when I get back
I also get paid vacation but it's paid in advance. I also get paid in advance for the care that I give (i.e. I get paid Monday morning at drop-off for the following week of care) or I don't keep the child. Doing it this way is much easier especially when either I or parents go on vacation. If I go on vacation, however I require payment on the Friday before I go. If they don't pay or "forget" and I don't get it by close of Friday before I go then it's late and they incur late charges.
DCMom 10:31 AM 06-29-2010
No, I don't worry about it. Some do, some don't.

I get paid weekly on Mondays for that week. I am on vacation next week; my vacation time is half-rate, so I will do an invoice this Friday for the next two weeks. Those who haven't paid me this week will pay me on the 12th.

I've never had a problem.
WImom 12:42 PM 06-29-2010
I get paid for holidays but not personal or vacation days. I do make them pay whether their child is in my care or not though so if they take a vacation they have to pay me still.
Former Teacher 02:28 PM 06-29-2010
The family I work for are always going on vacations. It will be a year this Friday that I started working for them and next week will be my 7th, yes 7th PAID vacation I have had. Plus all the days that the little boy is sick is also paid.

I told the parents that I do not expect to be paid for when I am sick. However right before Christmas vacation I got a 24 hour bug and I called in on a Monday. Mom told me to take that Tues off to make sure I am really well as they were leaving that Wed. When they got back, I was paid for the full amount.

Plus I have taken off a day in Feb for my sisters wedding ( I was Matron of Honor). I was also paid. As you can, I am very blessed
Tags:paid holidays, paid vacations, vacation
Reply Up