Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Daycare Provider!
Unregistered 05:37 PM 09-17-2013
My 3 month old daughter just started daycare 2 weeks ago. At first we loved our provider. She was very nice and seemed to love our baby! Tonight at 9 pm I texted her and said we have to stop by we left one of her bottles there. The provider texted back and said no I am closed you can get it tomorrow. Since she is an in home daycare provider and is a business we are allowed in the house whenever we need to. So we went over anyways to get the bottle. She was in the backyard with a bunch of people, drinking a glass of wine and having a cigarette! I immediately told her that we won't be brining our daughter to her anymore. I don't know how she managed to hide the cigarette smell. What if she had been drinking while watching the children?! Am I suppose to call the police or department of human services?
Unregistered 05:41 PM 09-17-2013
lol this must be a joke!

If not,be prepared to hear at great length just how horrible in the wrong YOU were in this situation.
daycare 05:44 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
My 3 month old daughter just started daycare 2 weeks ago. At first we loved our provider. She was very nice and seemed to love our baby! Tonight at 9 pm I texted her and said we have to stop by we left one of her bottles there. The provider texted back and said no I am closed you can get it tomorrow. Since she is an in home daycare provider and is a business we are allowed in the house whenever we need to. So we went over anyways to get the bottle. She was in the backyard with a bunch of people, drinking a glass of wine and having a cigarette! I immediately told her that we won't be brining our daughter to her anymore. I don't know how she managed to hide the cigarette smell. What if she had been drinking while watching the children?! Am I suppose to call the police or department of human services?
well I see what you are saying, but as providers, we are people too and live normal lives just like everyone else.

You are right that you do have access to her house, but it is only when your child is there. YOU Do not have any rights to going into her house when your child is not there, or after normal hours of operation. Even licensing from the state has the right to come into a daycare outside of the normal business hours of operation.

I am not too sure what she was doing has to do with turning her into the police or any services, she was not doing anything that was against the law. Unless she is a 24/7 daycare and had kids there at that time, there is nothing wrong with living your life in your home, home daycare or not.

I understand that you may not be ok with people who participate in these type of activities, I too would not want my child to go to a provider that smoked, but did you even ask her if she smokes all the time or only when she drinks? Did you talk to her about it????
Not to sound mean, but is this a joke? Did I just fall for one?
crazydaycarelady 05:44 PM 09-17-2013
Yes, you should quit! The provider will be so much better off without you!
sharlan 05:46 PM 09-17-2013
Wow! If I was that provider, you would have been termed on the spot. (It's in my contract that I have that right.)

You do not have the right to go to her home 24/7. She is not in business 24/7. You only have the right to go there when your child is in care - during drop-off and pick-up.

Just because you dropped by at 9PM, when she specifically told you not to come, and found her sitting in her own backyard having a glass of wine and a cigarette is none of your business. CPS nor the police care as what she was doing was totally legal. She obviously did not have children in care.

As a long time provider, my home is just that, MY HOME. I open it during certain hours to care for children. You as a parent are not entitled to show up whenever you want.

I do not smoke or drink, but if I did at night after the kids left, that would be none of your concern. It's not illegal.
Cradle2crayons 05:47 PM 09-17-2013
First of all... I see a few HUGE red flags here. And not related to the provider, but related to YOUR behavior...

(1) just because providers have an "open door policy" doesn't mean you can show up any time you want when your child isn't there. That's called AFTER HOURS and TRESSPASSING since she told you no you could get it tomorrow. Providers aren't even required to answer the phone or texts after hours so yu were lucky she even did that.

(2) what she does in HER time is NONE OF YUR BUSINESS. SHE IS ALLOWED TO HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE OF HER DAYCARE. You may not have smelled cigarette smoke because maybe she only does it after hours or only socially.

(3) nothing she did was illegal or against daycare regulations.

(4) if I were her, and I told you that you could get the bottle the next day, and you showed up during MY TIME... I'd have teenaged services.

You seem to think because she is yur provider that you OWN her time after business hours. But you do not. While having a glass of wine and smoking is against regulations DURING business hours, the same doesn't hold true on her own time.

Se is allowed to have 40 people over for beer pong if she wants to and it's none of your business.

Wen McDonald's closes that doesn't give you the right to walk up into the door and steal a hamburger.

What you did was steal her personal time. She was OFF THE CLOCK.

You should be ashamed.

Pulling is your choice, but please remember if she requires a two weeks paid in full, yu are required by law to pay it. And she can sue you for it and she will win.

In the future I hope you understand that you don't OWN your provider. And what she does or doesn't do outside of business hours are NONE OF YUR BUSINESS. Ad she isn't required to disclose ANYTHING.
Leigh 05:49 PM 09-17-2013
Are you freaking serious? NO, you do NOT have the right into her home anytime you want. You have the right to enter her home ONLY while YOUR child is in her care. So what if she was smoking a cigarette and drinking a glass of wine? They're both legal. I'm certain she wasn't "hiding" cigarette smell, I'm sure she doesn't smoke in her home. I'd say that your provider dodged a bullet-you are insane. No, you aren't supposed to call the police or DHS...she did nothing wrong.

WOW...you'd have never heard the end of it had you pulled that crap at my home.
Familycare71 05:55 PM 09-17-2013

It can't be real! It has to be someone trying to get everyone riled up!
If not - OP you did that woman a favor by promising you wouldn't return! I'm sure she had a drink and a smoke to celebrate!!!
Unregistered 05:56 PM 09-17-2013
I'm not even gonna touch the "should I call the police or CPS" that in itself is RIDICULOUS.

But I would like to ask, OP can afford a daycare provider but can't afford to have more then 1 bottle at home. Or was this particular bottle made of GOLD that You just had to go get it right then and there? Really?!
Cradle2crayons 05:57 PM 09-17-2013
I'm not even gonna touch the "should I call the police or CPS" that in itself is RIDICULOUS.

But I would like to ask, OP can afford a daycare provider but can't afford to have more then 1 bottle at home. Or was this particular bottle made of GOLD that You just had to go get it right then and there? Really?!
Ad while we're at it... Didn't have the kid in bed at 900 pm?? What a crock lol
Unregistered 05:58 PM 09-17-2013
This is NOT a joke! She is in the wrong, not me! She is not a 24/7 provider but she is a in home daycare provider and it is a business! I am allowed in the house anytime I need to be! Daycare providers are not allowed to smoke or to drink! They care for children! Providers don't have "personal" or "me" time where they can do whatever they want!! Why wouldn't the cops or department of humans services be involved in this?
MyAngels 05:58 PM 09-17-2013
Where's the Troll Spray when we need it.......
Unregistered 05:58 PM 09-17-2013
Cheap and petty
Familycare71 06:00 PM 09-17-2013
This is NOT a joke! She is in the wrong, not me! She is not a 24/7 provider but she is a in home daycare provider and it is a business! I am allowed in the house anytime I need to be! Daycare providers are not allowed to smoke or to drink! They care for children! Providers don't have "personal" or "me" time where they can do whatever they want!! Why wouldn't the cops or department of humans services be involved in this?
Well by all means- call them and tell them immediately! Please make sure your specific

Laurel 06:00 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by Familycare71:

It can't be real! It has to be someone trying to get everyone riled up!
If not - OP you did that woman a favor by promising you wouldn't return! I'm sure she had a drink and a smoke to celebrate!!!

Laurel
Familycare71 06:01 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Where's the Troll Spray when we need it.......
💨🔥
Leigh 06:02 PM 09-17-2013
If you are serious about this, take the advice given you already. The people here ARE daycare providers and we KNOW what is/isn't allowed. We have NO obligation to let a crazy person into our home at 9PM. We can smoke and drink all we want outside of daycare hours. We don't have "personal" or "me" time? What the hell would make you think that? Call the cops or DHS...they'll tell you the same thing.
Unregistered 06:03 PM 09-17-2013
We have enough bottles at home! But we were out driving to get her to go to sleep! Since we were already in the car and the provider lives by us. We went to go pick it up! I wash all the bottles by hand. I don't want them in the dishwasher and I didn't want her to put them in the dishwasher or to wash them by hand. Too many children get thrush from dirty bottles! Why in the world do you people think this is a joke?! It's not funny, it's serious!
jenn 06:04 PM 09-17-2013
Surely this is spam!

You are lucky she even responded to your text outside of business hours!

If a daycare parent showed up at my house outside of business hours, I would most likely terminate.

You are correct that during business hours when your child is there, you do have the right to be there. If business hours are over and/or your child is not there, you have no business being there. She owns the house, so if you are told not to come over, you are not welcome.

What she does on her property, on her time, outside of business hours, is her business-not yours. Having a glass of wine or smoking outside when no children are present does not have anything to do with the service she provides during the day.

I'm sure if you were not quitting, you would be getting terminated. Good luck in finding your next provider. I don't know of any provider that would allow you to dictate what they do on their own time.
Unregistered 06:05 PM 09-17-2013
Also please make sure to let all prospective providers know that you expect full access to their home 24/7 whenever you should choose. And let them know they are not permitted to any personal, me, or family time in their life what-so-ever. I'm sure if you make your expectations clear you will have no issues finding an awesome provider very soon

Make sure you get acquainted with reality before choosing another daycare provider.
MyAngels 06:05 PM 09-17-2013
💨🔥

You should have seen my reply to the "cheap and petty" comment - I was a good girl, though, and restrained myself .
Familycare71 06:07 PM 09-17-2013

You should have seen my reply to the "cheap and petty" comment - I was a good girl, though, and restrained myself .
So proud!!! I have actually deleted a few responses myself on this on!!
Willow 06:08 PM 09-17-2013
I'm not sure where you got the information you have but it is incorrect.

There are no regs in any state that give parents permission to trespass after hours.

There are no regs in any state that say having a glass of wine or having a cigarette after hours is any kind of illegal.

There are no regs in any state that say providers are not ENTITLED to "personal" or "me" time.

You are 1000% in the wrong here. If you were to call my licensor to report me for having personal time and doing things that are perfectly legal after hours she would probably first laugh at you, and if you persisted she would hang up.

If you choose to attempt to slander or libel your provider for doing things she has a right to do please prepare yourself to retain and attorney and face one heck of a lawsuit....I could see a judge not only granting an enormous defamation suit but laughing/scolding you out of the courtroom.

Eta....please don't pull law enforcement from taking care of real emergencies to deal with your incredible ridiculousness.
Unregistered 06:17 PM 09-17-2013
Why would you delete responses?

I am not in the wrong! For all I know she drinks and smokes in the house when my child is there! If I need to I can stop by at 3am to talk to her if I needed too! Daycare providers have NO right to privacy! If they did they would do this and other illegal things! If I hadn't gone over there then my daughter would have been exposed longer to this junk and who knows what else!
MamaBear 06:17 PM 09-17-2013
WOW! What a joke!
MamaBear 06:19 PM 09-17-2013
I think the provider should actually call the police on YOU for thinking you could show up at her house at 3am and violate her privacy. Thank God for her that you left. Wow. IF you are for real... you are seriously insane.
Leigh 06:19 PM 09-17-2013

I am not in the wrong! For all I know she drinks and smokes in the house when my child is there! If I need to I can stop by at 3am to talk to her if I needed too! Daycare providers have NO right to privacy! If they did they would do this and other illegal things! If I hadn't gone over there then my daughter would have been exposed longer to this junk and who knows what else!
What would you all do if a DCM "stopped by to talk" at 3AM? I am pretty sure the DCM would be deaf by the time they left MY house! And then, if I had to call to collect payment, GUESS what time I would phone?
lovemylife 06:20 PM 09-17-2013
Wow! Just wow! You are wrong on everything! I feel horrible for that provider!
MamaBear 06:21 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by lovemylife:
Wow! Just wow! You are wrong on everything! I feel horrible for that provider!
Me too!!!
lovemylife 06:22 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
WOW! What a joke!
Do you think it is a joke?
Willow 06:23 PM 09-17-2013
I think the provider should actually call the police on YOU for thinking you could show up at her house at 3am and violate her privacy. Thank God for her that you left. Wow. IF you are for real... you are seriously insane.
I hope to God the provider does.

I've heard and read a lot of really crazy stuff since I became licensed but this absolutely takes the cake.

I would seriously consider filing a restraining order on this parent if the story is legitimate. How insane that someone would actually believe they can trespass and enter someone's home like that......
lovemylife 06:24 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by Leigh:
What would you all do if a DCM "stopped by to talk" at 3AM? I am pretty sure the DCM would be deaf by the time they left MY house! And then, if I had to call to collect payment, GUESS what time I would phone?
Haha! I am stilling "learning" to have a backbone after almost 4 years. But this would send me over the edge! I would have no problem growing a backbone for this situation!!!!!
MamaBear 06:25 PM 09-17-2013
It's either a joke or just someone who has absolutely no common sense. lol
lovemylife 06:28 PM 09-17-2013
It's either a joke or just someone who has absolutely no common sense. lol
I don't know I have met a lot of people with no common sense!
MamaBear 06:29 PM 09-17-2013
I don't know I have met a lot of people with no common sense!
This one surely takes the cake!
momofsix 06:31 PM 09-17-2013

You don't really seem to agree with what anyone here has said so far-altogether the people on this board have many, many years of experience in child care.
Here is what I suggest for you. Go ahead and call the police AND the CPS. Tell them everything you told us-exactly the way you told us.
Then you will see who is wrong...you or your provider.
Unregistered 06:35 PM 09-17-2013
I did NOT trespass and I did NOT enter the home. She didn't answer the door. I heard laughing so I walked around to the backyard and found her. I am going to call the department of human services tomorrow. They will make sure she is shut down!
mama0609 06:35 PM 09-17-2013
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh........really? OP get a life.
Brooksie 06:36 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
Yes, you should quit! The provider will be so much better off without you!
This seriously must be a joke. LMAO
Unregistered 06:37 PM 09-17-2013
Please do keep us updated!
sharlan 06:37 PM 09-17-2013
Somebody really needs to grow up and become an adult.

If you showed up at my house at 3AM, the police would be right behind you.

Be prepared to be taken to small claims court and laughed at by the judge.
sharlan 06:38 PM 09-17-2013
I did NOT trespass and I did NOT enter the home. She didn't answer the door. I heard laughing so I walked around to the backyard and found her. I am going to call the department of human services tomorrow. They will make sure she is shut down!
You trespassed the minute you stepped foot on her property. You were not only not invited, you were told NOT to come over.
Willow 06:40 PM 09-17-2013
Absolutely.

Do that.

You totally should and I wish you the best of luck with your efforts.

Have fun with what will undoubtedly be one heck of a commute to get to and from your new daycare should you ever be able to find one.
Childminder 06:43 PM 09-17-2013
OMG! What if the provider has S E X after hours, in her own home?! Heaven forbid.
Troll
Willow 06:44 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by childminder:
omg! What if the provider has s e x after hours, in her own home?! Heaven forbid.
Troll
Peeeeed.

Seriously. Have to go change my pants now.....
snbauser 06:45 PM 09-17-2013
Good luck with that and be sure to update here with what type of response you get. A home based business is no different than any other business. There are operating hours in which they are a business and must follow licensing regulations. After hours, it is not a business, it is their home. If you really think you are in the right, you are in for a really rude awakening when you call tomorrow.
sharlan 06:46 PM 09-17-2013
Too bad we don't have the name and address of the provider.
butterfly 06:48 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I'd send that lady a bottle of wine and some flowers to help her celebrate getting rid of this crazy a$$ person. Sheesh!
Angelsj 06:50 PM 09-17-2013
I think it is a troll
Need a "don't feed the trolls" smilie.
Willow 06:50 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Wouldn't be too hard to sort out.....
MyAngels 06:51 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by Childminder:
OMG! What if the provider has S E X after hours, in her own home?! Heaven forbid.
Troll

Now I need a new tablet - I just spit my wine all over mine. Dang it, I guess I'm busted - surely CPS will be at the door tomorrow with my revocation notice since I'm not allowed to drink wine
mama0609 06:52 PM 09-17-2013
Troll

Dying here!!!
lovemylife 07:01 PM 09-17-2013
Troll
OMG!! That was amazing!!!!!
Hunni Bee 07:03 PM 09-17-2013
Omg...i am laughing so hard I can barely feed my daughter!!!

This HAS GOT to be a joke or spam.

Mods...is this a troll, can you tell?

If this is a real adult person in charge of a child and is serious about this, you may need to turn YOURSELF in to CPS because you are clearly irrational.

"Daycare providers have no right to privacy..."

I still think this is a joke.
Leigh 07:03 PM 09-17-2013

Now I need a new tablet - I just spit my wine all over mine. Dang it, I guess I'm busted - surely CPS will be at the door tomorrow with my revocation notice since I'm not allowed to drink wine

Just grab a towel and use the wine to clean the cigarette smoke off the screen!
Familycare71 07:07 PM 09-17-2013

I deleted MY responses instead of posting them- not anyone else's-
Feel free to post away... Lucky for us there is freedom of speech
Unregistered 07:09 PM 09-17-2013
lol - I was actually hoping she would call CPS and report word for word what she has stated here. They may question the mom's stability and investigate her instead.
Familycare71 07:11 PM 09-17-2013
After your done having relations of course!!!
Angelsj 07:11 PM 09-17-2013
Troll
Ok, I am pretty sure if they are not allowed to have any "personal" or "me" time...S E X is out of the question!!
Leigh 07:16 PM 09-17-2013
You people don't do S-E-X in your HOME, do you? What if a DCM walked in on you?
nanglgrl 07:17 PM 09-17-2013
We have enough bottles at home! But we were out driving to get her to go to sleep! Since we were already in the car and the provider lives by us. We went to go pick it up! I wash all the bottles by hand. I don't want them in the dishwasher and I didn't want her to put them in the dishwasher or to wash them by hand. Too many children get thrush from dirty bottles! Why in the world do you people think this is a joke?! It's not funny, it's serious!
Thank you for clearing all of that up. I feel so bad for you and this horrible experience you've had. I can't imagine what you're poor daughter must have experienced being there every day, it's a good thing children bounce back quickly.
First of all you need to leave this provider ASAP, don't take you're child back but make sure to pay the provider whatever she says you owe because she sounds unstable and believe me you don't want to have to deal with someone like that coming after you for money!
Then call Child Protective Services and give a report. They will tell you EXACTLY what they think and I'm sure they will be horrified. Don't leave out any details, in fact you should just copy what you wrote here and read it to them.
Next don't say another word about this to anyone. Drinking and smoking in her backyard at night with others? Refusing to let you come get your little babies bottle? It sounds like she has a lot of friends who are just as bad as her and you should probably forget this every happened because the provider obviously knows where you live.
I don't know why you chose this provider but I'm thinking you should just stay home with your precious bundle of joy because unfortunately there are people like her around every corner and under every rock. If you need the income from your job maybe you should consider opening your own daycare.
MamaBear 07:18 PM 09-17-2013
Thanks for the laugh to the insane daycare parent! hahaha
MyAngels 07:18 PM 09-17-2013
OMG, ROFLMAO - now I just peed myself.

You guys are too funny
Meeko 07:27 PM 09-17-2013
Gals...this is a troll. It has to be.

Nobody...and I mean NOBODY can be THAT stupid. Yes...I said it....STUPID.

Then again...if she really IS a person....I suggest she calls the media and tells them what she told us. I would LOVE to see how that would pan out!!
Mister Sir Husband 07:28 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by butterfly:
I'd send that lady a bottle of wine and some flowers to help her celebrate getting rid of this crazy a$$ person. Sheesh!
...and don't forget a pack of smokes..
Willow 07:29 PM 09-17-2013
Wait a minute, is this like that ketchup thing??

Mods, are you off cracking up somewhere because we've actually all fallen for some major bait here??!
lovemylife 07:31 PM 09-17-2013
What is a troll on here? What ketchup thing are you talking about?
Mister Sir Husband 07:37 PM 09-17-2013
I really can't say I care if this is a serious complaint or just a big joke.. but I'd like to thank the person who originally started this thread and all of you that responded for the smile on my face. It was truly entertaining...
Hunni Bee 07:38 PM 09-17-2013
No, seriously, OP.

I'm willing to entertain this.

So lets say you do have a case against your provider for having a cigarette and drink in her own home after daycare hours.

So do you watch tv in your daughters presence? Tv is bad for babies, so that's reportable.

Do you ever have s6x with your husband while your child is in the house? That could be considered sexual abuse, so lets report that too.

You are spending time responding on this forum instead of tending to your daughter? That's neglect, so add that to the list.

See how stupid this is getting. Same thing you are doing to your provider.

Have several seats.
Familycare71 07:43 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by Mister Sir Husband:
I really can't say I care if this is a serious complaint or just a big joke.. but I'd like to thank the person who originally started this thread and all of you that responded for the smile on my face. It was truly entertaining...
Agreed!!! I had fun and needed a good laugh!
Hunni Bee 07:45 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by Willow:
Wait a minute, is this like that ketchup thing??

Mods, are you off cracking up somewhere because we've actually all fallen for some major bait here??!
I missed the ketchup thread and never could find it.

Can anybody direct me to it?
Childminder 07:45 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by :
...a great laugh, out loud and had to share with DH.
momofsix 07:47 PM 09-17-2013
What is a troll on here? What ketchup thing are you talking about?
A troll is someone that comes on the forum for the sole purpose of starting "trouble".

The ketchup story was a made up story that was going around the internet and hit this forum too. It was "supposedly" written by a teenager that thought his mom was abusive towards him. The way he described his own behavior was just so crazy-and people fell for his story. Maybe someone has the link.
lovemylife 07:48 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
I missed the ketchup thread and never could find it.

Can anybody direct me to it?
Agree! What ketchup thread?
lovemylife 07:49 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by momofsix:
A troll is someone that comes on the forum for the sole purpose of starting "trouble".

The ketchup story was a made up story that was going around the internet and hit this forum too. It was "supposedly" written by a teenager that thought his mom was abusive towards him. The way he described his own behavior was just so crazy-and people fell for his story. Maybe someone has the link.
Oh ok. Sorry. Must have hit reply as you were posting. I am new to this forum and all forums in general. So I had no idea about trolls.
Cradle2crayons 08:01 PM 09-17-2013
If I had a parent show up after hours, the first time I would put them in their place.... And term them.... And if they came back.... I'd exercise my legal rights to protect myself and my property.

Is has to be a joke. Seriously. I can't imagine someone breaking into a daycare at 300 am just to check the place out lol. When a center is closed, they are closed. Just because a provider is in home doesn't give parents any right. Ad actually it's private property. Is kinda what IN HOME provider means lol.

As in,,it's their personal home after hours. As in TRESSPASSING. I hope the provider in question calls the cops on the op. and I hope the op have her two weeks notice if required by law. And I hope the OP seeks professional help.

And I pray for the kids of the op. With a parent THAT insane, that child is going to need some SERIOUS help.
MyAngels 08:18 PM 09-17-2013
I think if you search "ketchup ed" here you'll find the thread mentioned. Sorry I can't search on my tablet (it survived the wine after all ) or I'd link it for you guys.
lovemylife 08:22 PM 09-17-2013
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...hlight=Ketchup

Think I found it!
Hunni Bee 08:24 PM 09-17-2013
Here's the ketchup thread:

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...hlight=ketchup

I remember this now.

I agree, now that I reread the ketchup one...this does follow that same formula: OP describes their own ridiculous behavior and seems to think they were justified, takes great offense to the other person's rational response, and wants advice on taking legal action against them.

Its more than likely a troll.
Willow 08:26 PM 09-17-2013
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...hlight=ketchup

SilverSabre25 08:38 PM 09-17-2013
Registered user, posting anonymous. TROLL.

OP, I am locking this thread. This was a deliberately inflammatory and stupid post.

Keep it up, and you'll get banned.
SilverSabre25 08:42 PM 09-17-2013
Oh, and for the record, OP, it's really REALLY stupid to POST ON THE THREAD YOU STARTED ANONYMOUSLY, but pretending to be against the person posting.

Seriously.

Get a life, please.
Closed Thread Up