Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-01-2015, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Smile inhome daycare cheap cameras

Anyone have any cheap cameras I would like 2or3.I dont have a computer or internet.I have internet net on my cellphone but its not that fast.I pefer to spend $150 or less if possible. Ive never had camras do u let parents view at certain times I was thinking of maby use them just for me .
Old 08-01-2015, 10:28 PM
Daycare.com Member

I've always worked in centers so the cost of the cameras has never been something I've had to handle.

Some centers let parents view the cameras from anywhere at anytime, others have allowed parents to view the cameras from the day care office, and others have not allowed parents to watch the cameras at all, unless they're reviewing an incident (or non-incident...) Do whatever you're comfortable with.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:59 AM
Daycare.com Member

I have a camera in every room I use for the daycare. Cost me about $500 for it all. You have to have internet for the parents to get the feed though. My parents can log into the cameras any time they wish with an app on their phones. Not cheap, but it helps me get clients and it also is awesome for parents!
Old 08-02-2015, 10:44 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinsHomeCC View Post
I have a camera in every room I use for the daycare. Cost me about $500 for it all. You have to have internet for the parents to get the feed though. My parents can log into the cameras any time they wish with an app on their phones. Not cheap, but it helps me get clients and it also is awesome for parents!
Do you have to pay a monthly fee to have this service for your parents?
Old 08-02-2015, 01:24 PM
Daycare.com Member

If I get cameras it will be for security of protecting myself I would not let the parents view them.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:31 PM
Daycare.com Member

I use D-Link DCS-930L cameras. Super easy to use and really inexpensive. They are on sale for less than $30 on Amazon at the moment. The parents can log in and see what we are up to. There is an iPhone app, or you can access it by a webpage.

I did have to buy a hard drive for it to record to though, which was another $100.

Last edited by BabyMonkeys; 08-02-2015 at 04:32 PM. Reason: add more detail

Tags
cctv, security cameras, video monitors