Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:17 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Vacation Time

So, I usually take one week vacation every year and all federal holidays. I left a blank on my contract stating how many weeks I would take but I'm thinking of changing it to two weeks a year. All of vacation time is paid time off.

I'm wondering how much time off people usually take. I would love to up my time to two weeks off as I lose a week of time share every year... I'm even open to doing one whole week vacation and one week broken down into individual days.

What are your standards?
Old 12-01-2016, 07:22 AM
Daycare.com Member

I take two weeks off, plus a few long weekends, plus all holidays.
Only holidays are paid.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:27 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenboo View Post
I take two weeks off, plus a few long weekends, plus all holidays.
Only holidays are paid.
I follow the school calendar with the exception of summer and two full weeks vacation and all federal holdays. I also close personal and professional days. I take 2-3 days extra around Memorial Day and July 4th. I charge 52 weeks per year. For Christmas I am closed Dec. 23-Jan 3.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:36 AM
Daycare.com Member

Three weeks of vacation and most Federal holidays. I also give myself 5 paid personal/sick days.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:56 AM
Daycare.com Member

I probably take the least amount of paid time off, or time off in general.

I do not take week long vacations. I take 14 days total, paid. The rest of the time, I'm working or my assistant/sub is working.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:28 AM
Daycare.com Member

I take a week vacation in the summer, xmas eve through new years day & all major holidays off paid
Old 12-01-2016, 08:30 AM
Daycare.com Member

I take 2 weeks vacation, 5 personal days and major holidays. All paid, I am paid 52 weeks per year.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:43 AM
Daycare.com Member

I'm closed for 10 holidays, but I have a sub for vacations, so I'm gone as much as I want. Usually we take one big 2 week vacation each year.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:51 AM
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith

I do the major federal holidays, my birthday, and my anniversary as my paid days off. Any other closures are unpaid. I take a winter break of either one week or a pair of Friday/ Monday closings and a 1 week summer break. I usually have to take a couple long weekends a year for either one of my shows or DW's races.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

I take 2 weeks Christmas break, 1 week spring break, 1 week summer break, 4 federal holidays, and 6 personal days as needed, and I am closed on Fridays. All paid.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:06 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I take two full weeks and all federal holidays, per year.

I only charge for federal holidays that fall on the actual work day.

It feels like more of a two way street that way.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:20 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I take a minimum 2 weeks unpaid each year. It is stated 'minimum' in my contract so if I use the 2 weeks early and feel burnt out towards the end of the year, I can take some more time off.

I have stat holidays off with pay.

All of my current clients are teachers so I have Christmas, March and summer off, unpaid. I love it and find it a great stress buster to have built in breaks. Don't ever want to go back to full year clients.

Take the vacation you need to recharge. Paid or unpaid, do what you need to do. The clients who value you won't mind your policies.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

This gives me a lot to think about! Thanks!
Old 12-01-2016, 09:33 AM
Daycare.com Member

I take 3 weeks unpaid vacation per year. I also take all state and federal holidays off with pay.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:37 AM
Daycare.com Member

I take 2 full weeks, and a third week as long weekends (like taking a Friday or Monday when we go camping). It's all unpaid though. No one has minded but I do make a point to ask them if there is any time they're taking off before my husband turns his vacation schedule in. We can be pretty flexible so if I can time it with their vacations etc, I will. When my husband goes to 4 weeks of vacation, I'll take 3 solid weeks and an additional week split up. like it or not, my family comes first. Families that have back up is a huge help, so I encourage establishing that from day one.

Tags
paid days off, paid holidays, paid time off, paid vacations