Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-21-2018, 12:39 PM
Baby Beluga's Avatar
Baby Beluga Baby Beluga is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 3,902
Default Time for Cameras

I have thought about getting cameras for a while, and the time is now. I keep reading of providers who are blamed for things and they did not do and it makes me incredibly uneasy. So, I am investing in cameras. I would like to have 2 inside my classroom and 2 in our backyard. I would like to be able to turn the cameras off outside of business hours and would like to save the footage off the cloud.

Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-21-2018, 12:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I use Clever Dog. Very simple to install and maintain. I do not allow access for my families-they are simply to cover my booty.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-21-2018, 01:31 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga View Post
I have thought about getting cameras for a while, and the time is now. I keep reading of providers who are blamed for things and they did not do and it makes me incredibly uneasy. So, I am investing in cameras. I would like to have 2 inside my classroom and 2 in our backyard. I would like to be able to turn the cameras off outside of business hours and would like to save the footage off the cloud.

Any recommendations?
Some more threads on video cameras
https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...=video+cameras

I have them inside and outside. I started with just 4 outside and 2 inside but now have over a dozen cameras for ALL areas of my home and yard.

I have them in place for MY liability only.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-21-2018, 05:37 PM
Baby Beluga's Avatar
Baby Beluga Baby Beluga is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 3,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Some more threads on video cameras
https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...=video+cameras

I have them inside and outside. I started with just 4 outside and 2 inside but now have over a dozen cameras for ALL areas of my home and yard.

I have them in place for MY liability only.
Thank you for the link!

Yes, these will be for my eyes only. Those with cameras, do you have parents ask to view them? My parents are nosy and as soon as they see it they will ask about them. You should have heard the questions I got when I installed a driveway alarm.

I figured I would say something along the lines of for safety reasons I installed them and for privacy reasons parents are not allowed to view the footage.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-22-2018, 07:33 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga View Post
Thank you for the link!

Yes, these will be for my eyes only. Those with cameras, do you have parents ask to view them? My parents are nosy and as soon as they see it they will ask about them. You should have heard the questions I got when I installed a driveway alarm.

I figured I would say something along the lines of for safety reasons I installed them and for privacy reasons parents are not allowed to view the footage.
I was pre-emptive and explained beforehand the reason for the cameras and the reason why NO ONE other than myself (and my licensor and/or law enforcement should it be necessary) will ever be allowed to view video footage. period. Don't even ask.

I haven't had a single comment, request or conversation about them since.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-22-2018, 11:35 AM
Baby Beluga's Avatar
Baby Beluga Baby Beluga is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 3,902
Default

Thank you BC. Maybe preemptive warnings will word off concerned questions.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cctv, security cameras, video cameras, video monitors

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Restructuring Nap Time - Or New Strategies BigLittleHomeDaycare Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 01-08-2016 11:37 AM
Epidimic of No Outside Time? Country Kids Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 24 08-14-2012 02:27 PM
Time Outs caregiver Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 32 01-06-2011 07:20 PM
Providers, Do You Have A No Drop Off/Pick Up During Nap Time Policy? Daycare_Mama Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 12 10-30-2010 07:18 PM
What is Part Time Care? Greenshadow Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 7 06-07-2010 07:21 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:06 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming