Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Screamer Is Still Screaming
Greenshadow 06:28 PM 01-06-2011
Ive had screamer now for one solid week. He is a wreck. Part of the problem is that he is tired. He is 13 months old and normally naps at home twice a day. I tried giving him an a.m nap but the problem is that he wont take the afternoon nap when the others do because its too soon after he gets up from his own nap. So Im having to keep him up until everyone else naps. It was so bad today I had to take something for my headache; and I rarely ever get headaches. He will NOT let me leave the room! If I leave even his sight, he screams like he's being murdered. Today I put him in the high chair to feed him and the door bell rang. I let my husband take over the feeding (he knows my husband as well as he knows me) and as soon as I walked away, he screamed and through such a fit that he was choking on his food and gasping for air. He cries real tears too. He flings everything off the tray and will not be consoled at all. If I sit on the floor or on the couch in the room he is in, he's completely happy with laughter and smiles! If I get up to leave, its over. I dont know if Im going to be able to take much more of it. I asked the parents today if other providers have complained about this and they said that nobody has ever really given any feedback on what or how he does while in their care. Weird. They dont ask questions about what he does all day, I guess? We really need the money right now so Im holding on to see if he calms down. Its only been a week but when you're in it, it feels like I want to just call up mom and have them take him home!
Tags:camera, cctv, monitor, screaming
Up