Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-08-2011, 04:34 PM
LaLa714
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile Cameras in Daycare??

I've been looking into many systems so I can see what they kids are doing when I'm not in to room. I would like something that's portable, wont break easily, and is a good quality system.
I would really like a system that I can view on my phone and computer. Is there a system that can be viewed from another location? Say my husbands work?

I've been looking at the following systems:
http://www.amazon.com/Uniden-UDW1000...d=5PCI33OGY9X9

http://www.amazon.com/Lorex-LW2003-V...d=5PCI33OGY9X9

I've also looked at the mobicam but you have to buy a separate thing to look at it through the internet and pay for a subscription. Does anyone have one??
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is online now
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moorpark CA, Ocean Ridge, FL
Posts: 7,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa714 View Post
I've been looking into many systems so I can see what they kids are doing when I'm not in to room. I would like something that's portable, wont break easily, and is a good quality system.
I would really like a system that I can view on my phone and computer. Is there a system that can be viewed from another location? Say my husbands work?

I've been looking at the following systems:
http://www.amazon.com/Uniden-UDW1000...d=5PCI33OGY9X9

http://www.amazon.com/Lorex-LW2003-V...d=5PCI33OGY9X9

I've also looked at the mobicam but you have to buy a separate thing to look at it through the internet and pay for a subscription. Does anyone have one??
I have a wireless video camera pointing out my back yard so I can see my view. I can view it anywhere even my iPhone. They are actually pretty good ones on the market. Just make sure they come bundled with the receiver (that connects to the computer) and the softwhere that allows you to work the camera settings and internet connection. I use Yawcam which was a free software to connect to the internet. http://www.yawcam.com/

Hopefully you or your husband are computer savey.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Lucy's Avatar
Lucy Lucy is offline
Hurt Betrayed Confused
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NW
Posts: 1,648
Default

Just curious why you would want it to be viewed from your husband's work? I'm not insinuating anything, but that sounds a little creepy. Just my initial thoughts. Not saying anything bad about you or your intentions.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-09-2011, 04:42 PM
LaLa714
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I have a wireless video camera pointing out my back yard so I can see my view. I can view it anywhere even my iPhone. They are actually pretty good ones on the market. Just make sure they come bundled with the receiver (that connects to the computer) and the softwhere that allows you to work the camera settings and internet connection. I use Yawcam which was a free software to connect to the internet. http://www.yawcam.com/

Hopefully you or your husband are computer savey.

Thank you! We both are thank goodness and he does computer security
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-09-2011, 04:45 PM
LaLa714
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce View Post
Just curious why you would want it to be viewed from your husband's work? I'm not insinuating anything, but that sounds a little creepy. Just my initial thoughts. Not saying anything bad about you or your intentions.
I was just using him as an example. He does however occasionally go away for work so I was looking for something that could kinda double as a webcam?? But I really want to be able to login and see whats going on if I have someone over watching my kids while we go out or something like that. Make sense??
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-09-2011, 04:48 PM
HHApYb
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I have a wireless video camera pointing out my back yard so I can see my view. I can view it anywhere even my iPhone. They are actually pretty good ones on the market. Just make sure they come bundled with the receiver (that connects to the computer) and the softwhere that allows you to work the camera settings and internet connection. I use Yawcam which was a free software to connect to the internet. http://www.yawcam.com/

Hopefully you or your husband are computer savey.
I haven't really found one that is bundled like that. Any suggestions??
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-09-2011, 07:54 PM
E Daycare's Avatar
E Daycare E Daycare is offline
Happy cause Im insane.
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I have a wireless video camera pointing out my back yard so I can see my view. I can view it anywhere even my iPhone. They are actually pretty good ones on the market. Just make sure they come bundled with the receiver (that connects to the computer) and the softwhere that allows you to work the camera settings and internet connection. I use Yawcam which was a free software to connect to the internet. http://www.yawcam.com/

Hopefully you or your husband are computer savey.
I have the same sort of thing. Im also able to connect through my iphone with the icam app. We also use this when we go out of town to keep tabs on our house and cats. My husbands a information security engineer for GE so we got it going on in our house lol. I HIGHLY recommend getting a camera for use.
__________________
"Being a parent is wanting to hug and strangle your kid at the same time".
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camera, cctv, monitor

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Licensed DayCare vs. Private DayCare marylmr Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 60 02-24-2020 01:20 PM
Termination Gone Wrong MsKara Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 107 03-11-2015 03:09 PM
Death in CA Home Daycare -Please Help Unregistered Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 18 06-07-2011 01:04 PM
22 month old hysterical about going to daycare A Mama Parents and Guardians Forum 9 06-02-2009 10:19 PM
Concerns About Daycare Owner just concerned Parents and Guardians Forum 10 05-13-2008 01:31 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:36 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming