Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Potty Training What Is My Sons Poop Supposed To Look Like
lovemylittleone 10:03 PM 01-11-2011
My son is 3 and i am currently potty training him. Just recently i noticed that his poop has gotten a lot bigger. Should I be concerned. Is this common for boys at this age. The worst is when I take him out to run errands with me and he poops his pants. Especially when we are in the car ride home and he poops his pants. This happened the last time we were out ,and i smelled it right away and we were still 15 minutes from home. I had to smell it the whole way home it was so bad, and it takes several minutes to clean him up and put a clean pullups on him now that his poop is so much bigger and he usually winds up smearing it all over his butt. Luckily he is an absolutely angel when i have to change him and he doesn't put up a fuss at all and fully cooperates. He is getting pretty good at potty training he usually only has accidents when we are out. Anyways is this common for his poop to all of a sudden be bigger.
JenNJ 08:13 AM 01-12-2011
Is he going as frequently as he was before potty training began? I ask because if he is regularly having "accidents" when you are out, it sounds like he is not ready to train. At 3, he can feel the urge to go and is choosing to ignore that feeling, so its not really an accident. Is he having accidents at home? If not, he may be holding it until he leaves the house so he wont be forced to use the toilet. If this is the vase, it is probably bigger BC he is holding longer.
Tags:potty training
Reply Up