Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Baby is Hungry & Never Naps
Star’s Mommy 12:26 PM 02-28-2021
Hi everyone! I’m brand new here. Background: I’m a certified teacher and mom and due to the pandemic (and my own child eLearning) I quit my job as a teacher and started babysitting a 10 month old boy at my house.
My question is: How do I prove to his mom that he needs more to drink? She sends a 2 ounce bottle for 9am, 4 ounce for noon, and 4 ounce for 3pm (bottles must be given according to her schedule). He also gets 2 ounces of baby oatmeal at 9am, 2 ounces of purée baby food at noon, and 2 ounces of purée fruit/veggie at 3pm. When he finishes his bottle and purée he’s upset and looking for more. She’s very strict with the schedule.
He’s at my house 8am until 4:30pm. He’s extremely active and already walking/running! He’s wearing 12 month clothes and is a big baby. He is frequently fussy/upset/tired but refuses to nap. I asked his mom to send more breastmilk/food, but she refuses and says too much breastmilk will cause diabetes and obesity....
Does it sound like he’s getting enough? I’m second guessing my mom instincts because she insists this is all he gets at home and her breastmilk is very “fatty and high calorie”... She also said her pediatrician agrees with this.
I don’t understand this reasoning because with my own child I fed whenever hungry/thirsty.
Tags:feeding schedule, nap - fights it
Up