Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:01 AM
kianas6

Default Fitness/ Dance and Other Activities

Does anyone know of a mobile company that comes in and does dance/fitness program?
I think this would add value to my daycare.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Janet

Default An idea

What if instead of outsourcing to another business, you do it yourself? One of the things that has really paid off for me is that the kids and I do yoga every day, outside whenever possible and inside if the weather is yucky.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Where are you located?

I have a couple of different individuals who come in. One teaches spanish and music and the other does an adventures in geography program...think multi-cultural program. I know that the company that does the latter also has a fitness program.

I do gymnastics on Monday, I have tumbling mats and a balance beam and yoga on a regular basis as well.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:16 PM

We do yoga regularly too. We use a child's yoga dvd and the kids love it! I think it would be fun to have someone come teach spanish once a week or so. For the person that has people come to the house...how much do they charge typically?

http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Kids-Vol-...9132366&sr=8-4
Old 07-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmama View Post
We do yoga regularly too. We use a child's yoga dvd and the kids love it! I think it would be fun to have someone come teach spanish once a week or so. For the person that has people come to the house...how much do they charge typically?

http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Kids-Vol-...9132366&sr=8-4

And, how do you afford to do that if you don't mind me asking? I'm not judging, just honestly wondering.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:00 PM

Each teacher comes in twice per month, $35 each time or a total of $140/month. I charged all the parents
$5/week to cover (most) of it. I also have ECFE come in once per month to do kindergarden readiness, but that is free.

I do have one parent that is continually late and at $1/minute she generally ends up making up the extra and then some.

Her count this week...20 minutes late on Monday, 15 minutes late yesterday...and who knows what today will bring!
Old 07-14-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGT09 View Post
And, how do you afford to do that if you don't mind me asking? I'm not judging, just honestly wondering.
Afford to what? Yoga? I just bought the dvd and do it with them once a week or so.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmama View Post
Afford to what? Yoga? I just bought the dvd and do it with them once a week or so.
I'm not sure, but I think she was asking me, but quoted you since you had asked how much it cost

Tags
dance, fitness