Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Much Would You Expect To Pay Or Be Paid?
MG&Lsmom 06:02 AM 03-14-2011
DH's sister is getting married Monday May 9th in Las Vegas. We all live on the east coast. We were looking at flying out Sunday evening and coming back for Tuesday evening. We have a college age babysitter we use for nights out.

If you did overnight care, what would you pay or expect to be paid for care for 3 kids ages 2-7 for say Sunday 2pm to Tuesday 6pm? 1 is in school full time, 1 is in school 1/2 days.
Cat Herder 06:12 AM 03-14-2011
When I was in College and single I did whole weekends for room, board, hot water, laundry privileges, clean sheets and $100 spending money.

I bet times have not changed too much in the dorms....
JenNJ 06:12 AM 03-14-2011
I would expect to be paid and offer to pay $300-$350
pinkbunny85 06:47 AM 03-14-2011
I would say 250-300
MG&Lsmom 10:05 AM 03-14-2011
Yeah, I was thinking $200. Unfortunately she lives at home so there are no perks to being at my house other than owning the remote from 7:30pm on. LOL!
momofsix 10:22 AM 03-14-2011
My college kids would ask $300, but if they had a good relationship with your family and liked your kids they would do it for less. Most people they do overnights for ask what the charge is, and if they can't afford it they ask if they will do less.
By the way, I just got back from Vegas, went for the first time last week with my oldest dd-we had a blast! Hope you get to enjoy yourself a little while you're there!
Cat Herder 03:23 AM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by MG&Lsmom:
Yeah, I was thinking $200. Unfortunately she lives at home so there are no perks to being at my house other than owning the remote from 7:30pm on. LOL!
I really feel that is fair to offer, especially if someone else is paying her bills. She has the opportunity to gain valuable life experience, since payscale increases WITH years of experience. It is a win-win.

I know my favorite family would have a homemade Lasagna or Eggplant Parmesan, huge salad and cheesecake waiting in the fridge when I watched their twins (enough for two nights) ...

I think she could have started with that and got a YES back then, she was the best cook EVER and my Mom was out of State... Never underestimate the value of a home cooked meal...
Tags:babysitter, babysitter - rates, pricing, rates, salary
Reply Up