Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does Anyone Have This Double Stroller?
Abigail 06:05 PM 07-25-2011
I'm thinking about buying this stroller from someone. They said they only used it a few times and nothing is wrong with it. They are asking $110 for it. Does anyone have any pro/con advice for me about this stroller? I have never owned a stroller before, lol, and I'm not concerned about the space since I have an extra garage stall for storage. I will have a 6 week old and 14 month old who will both be in this stroller. Any opinions/comparisons greatly appreciated!

http://www.babytrend.com/sit_n_stand...7548LX-PT.html
Michelle 06:10 PM 07-25-2011
those kind of strollers are good for mall trips and outside trips, they fit through doorways and are really nice.
I wouldn't buy the side by side kind if you want to go a lot of places indoors. They are too wide.
that stroller looks like it gives good shade and looks easy to push, but you never know until you put babies in and try to turn it.
Crazy8 06:30 PM 07-25-2011
I had an older version of it for a while and it served its purpose. I even took it to Disney when my own kids were 5 months and 3 years. It was a bit heavy for that trip but with 2 little ones we knew we couldn't get away with lightweight.
Overall its a good stroller, but I don't think they are that expensive new... maybe like $150?? I'd check out the stroller websites first to see if $110 is a good price for a used one.
littlemissmuffet 07:33 PM 07-25-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
those kind of strollers are good for mall trips and outside trips, they fit through doorways and are really nice.
I wouldn't buy the side by side kind if you want to go a lot of places indoors. They are too wide.
that stroller looks like it gives good shade and looks easy to push, but you never know until you put babies in and try to turn it.
I disagree with your assesment of the side by side doubles... we have the one pictured below... it fits through our front door and fits through all mall and grocery store entrances, etc. We've never had issues using it indoors - (malls, stores, museums, etc)

I prefer side by sides when it comes to doubles... I like that they fold up and are very light!

Abigail 08:30 PM 07-25-2011
I can not do umbrella strollers because I will always have a very young infant who needs to be reclined or perhaps even in a car seat carrier on the stroller. NEW online at Walmart (currently unavailable, so no exact comparison incase it will not ever be available again) it is $149. The stroller I really really really like is this one.......................http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com...rchedProduct=t costing $199, but I have not seen this one on craigslist or second-hand all year.

So, should I just spend the money to buy new or how much less should I offer for the original double stroller for sale on craigslist which they want only $40 less than what it sells for. (They want $110, but it's available new for $149 now)
MG&Lsmom 06:11 AM 07-26-2011
You can find side by sides that take a carseat. The Combi takes one iirc.

I had that stroller, older version. I felt it was flimsy after a while. But I also don't like the major brands like Evenflo and Graco, went through 3 strollers before my DD was 18m. My best friend swears by her Graco double front to back tho. I guess the newer ones are more sturdy.

You can find Maclarens side by sides that will stand the test of time and have fully reclining backs. Or look for the similar style sit and stand from Joovy. Much more sturdy. Joovy also makes a bigger version that holds 3 kids (2 seated and one standing).
JaydensMommy 06:25 AM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
I can not do umbrella strollers because I will always have a very young infant who needs to be reclined or perhaps even in a car seat carrier on the stroller. NEW online at Walmart (currently unavailable, so no exact comparison incase it will not ever be available again) it is $149. The stroller I really really really like is this one.......................http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com...rchedProduct=t costing $199, but I have not seen this one on craigslist or second-hand all year.

So, should I just spend the money to buy new or how much less should I offer for the original double stroller for sale on craigslist which they want only $40 less than what it sells for. (They want $110, but it's available new for $149 now)
I have that red kolcraft stroller. I just got it actually, traded 1 1/2 days of drop in care for it. I've only had the chance to use it once and really like it so far. I don't think that $110 is a good price for something used on craigslist. I usually don't buy used unless I can get for atleast 1/2 off retail. I think if it's $149 new then 75-90 would be a reasonable used price. But it does depend on the condition.
MarinaVanessa 06:28 AM 07-26-2011
I have a Graco double stroller that I bought used off of CL and that works great. It's not a side-by-side which I prefer. It looks a lot like the one that Abigail posted but you can't remove the seat to allow the child to stand. With the Graco that I have you attach any infant carseat in either the front or the back and the back seat reclines all the way down. It was in great shape and if it weren't for the fact that the wheels had some wear on them you'd swear that it was never used. I got it for $80.

That being said I'd find it hard to pay just $40 less for a used stroller even if it was only used a few times. I'd offer $80-$90 for it.
Michelle 06:41 AM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
I disagree with your assesment of the side by side doubles... we have the one pictured below... it fits through our front door and fits through all mall and grocery store entrances, etc. We've never had issues using it indoors - (malls, stores, museums, etc)

I prefer side by sides when it comes to doubles... I like that they fold up and are very light!

that's kind of a cheap stroller, we always buy good sturdy quality strollers that are a lot bigger than that for all day trips to the zoo,Disneyland etc.and jogger strollers, for the nature center with big bike tires. I love the side by side because they are easier to turn and very comfortable for the kids just not easy to get through doorways.(depending on the model)
kitkat 08:28 AM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
I'm thinking about buying this stroller from someone. They said they only used it a few times and nothing is wrong with it. They are asking $110 for it. Does anyone have any pro/con advice for me about this stroller? I have never owned a stroller before, lol, and I'm not concerned about the space since I have an extra garage stall for storage. I will have a 6 week old and 14 month old who will both be in this stroller. Any opinions/comparisons greatly appreciated!

http://www.babytrend.com/sit_n_stand...7548LX-PT.html
That is my EXACT stroller! I LOVE IT! The only complaint I have so far is that it's really hard to access the storage basket below when the back seat is on. If you have to, you can actually fit 2 kids in the back with the seat off. It does get front heavy with the car seat in front or if you have a baby in back and toddler in front, but I think it'd be that way for any double stroller that's not a side by side.

As for what you should pay...I'm sooo bad at that. I have a hard time bargaining with people and would just pay what was asked. I wish I were better at that. I guess I would offer $90-$100. I think this stroller is definitely worth the money.
AnneCordelia 08:51 AM 07-26-2011
I used to work in a consignment store and they always set 'excellent' quality items for 1/2 of their retail value. That is what I would go in on an offer with: $75. You can barter from there.

I have the Graco DuoGlider. It's awesome, has a big basket, both seats recline, will hold infant seats, ect. I love it. It's my 2nd one (first used hard, daily, for 5 years and we 'retired' it.) I prefer that it's tandem. I've had a few side-by-sides over the years and they were either too cheap a quality to last long, or they were too wide to fit into stores/home/library.

You get what you pay for though. The Graco is NOTHING compared to my Peg Perego Triplette or my Runabout. The quality in those two strollers are amazing...they winter well, off-road well, and push easily.
littlemissmuffet 11:27 AM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
that's kind of a cheap stroller, we always buy good sturdy quality strollers that are a lot bigger than that for all day trips to the zoo,Disneyland etc.and jogger strollers, for the nature center with big bike tires. I love the side by side because they are easier to turn and very comfortable for the kids just not easy to get through doorways.(depending on the model)
We've had it for a couple of years and it is used every single day of the year that daycare is open - including in the snow - about 3 miles a day. It's still in near perfect condition - so yeah, it was cheap money-wise, but quality wise, not so much.
Abigail 08:36 PM 07-26-2011
We have local children's second hand stores that sell strollers and such, but it's rare a double stroller ever comes in to be sold. My sister is selling her single stroller for $5 which is easily worth $40 or more if I wanted to resell it, but I need to remember I would rarely use a single stroller doing daycare and planning to have kids of my own soon so I'm not sure if I should buy it from her or not. Many CL postings in town are selling double strollers for $75, but the don't look nice at all or look very "old" style like what I had in the late 80's for me. LOL. I want something that looks newer so I'm willing to pay more. I agree with the PP that I should offer under a hundred for it. I'll keep looking for the time being before I offer anything incase I find something better!
sharlan 05:07 PM 07-27-2011
I bought the "sit and stand" for my daughter and she hates it. She hardly used it, said it was too bulky and hard to push with both kids in it.

I love my Graco duo glide. It's very heavy and bulky to load into the car, BUT, I've had it for over 4 years and it's still like new. I take the hose to it every few months.
Tags:double stroller
Reply Up